Andy Lau (劉德華) is known to fans for his many talents – he can act, produce, sing (his concert in KL was one of the best ones we’ve attended), and (to our surprise) even strike a supermodel pose in front of the camera. Yes, we’ve got the evidence to support this.
Recently, a Taiwanese fan took to her social media to share some her nostalgic photo collection of her favourite idol. The photos – showing Andy Lau in his heyday – have since gone viral. While some were uncomfortable with the rather feminine-looking star, many came to his defense.
Here are some comments about the Heavenly King:
- “They don’t [make me] feel too good.”
- “His upper body looks great, but his lower body opens up a whole new world.”
- “You can’t judge past fashion trends with current mindsets.”
- “In the past, men always wore these kinds of shorts while women wore long pants, now it’s the other way around.”
- “Back in the day, men (had) no problem with tiny shorts and stuff. It’s the modern men’s problem that they try to wear baggy clothing so people don’t mistake their masculinity.”
In addition to the denim shorts, another throwback photo of Andy Lau also made its way to the internet. In this snapshot, Andy wasn’t the only one rocking a pair of shorts. He was accompanied by Charles Hsu, Tony Leung, Ben Lam, and Ben Lee during the shooting of Eric Tsang’s 1991 action movie “Come Fly The Dragon”.
What do you think of Andy Lau in shorts – yay or nay?