SONEs, are you ready? The girls of Girls’ Generation (SNSD, 소녀시대) will be making a comeback soon, and truthfully speaking, we couldn’t be more stoked!
After five years of focusing solely on their solo activities, it has been confirmed that the members will gather together for a full group comeback. To refresh everyone’s memory, three out of the eight members, namely Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun, left SM following the expiration of their contract. The girls would then venture into various solo gigs that include acting, solo music and even modelling.
Here’s what we know about SNSD’s comeback so far:
1. SM Entertainment has confirmed the news. According to the music label, Girls’ Generation will be releasing a new album this coming August.
2. In the statement shared to the press, SM revealed that SNSD will be making their comeback in conjunction with their 15th anniversary since their debut. For those in the dark, the girls made their official K-pop debut back on 5th August with their legendary hit “Into The New World”.
3. The new album will mark SNSD’s first comeback after five years, following their 6th full album “Holiday Night” back in August 2017. The album was accompanied with two title tracks – “Holiday” and “All Night”.
4. Leader Taeyeon dropped a hint regarding her group’s comeback during a fan call with one of her fans back in March of 2022. In the video that went viral online, the “INVU” singer was asked, “Will we be able to see SNSD coming back in 2022, since this year marks your 15th debut anniversary?” Taeyeon then responded, “Maybe? I think that’s possible.”
220315 TAEYEON MECIMA FANSIGN
— Fi (@inhayoo) March 15, 2022
5. Following Taeyeon, Sooyoung was the next SNSD member to drop some hint at the group’s return on her socials. One particular fan had asked the 31-year-old actress to share her thoughts on her upcoming 15th debut anniversary during a Q&A session on her Instagram. Sooyoung’s answer was short and sweet. She responded by questioning, “Are you ready?” which left fans speculating that new music is currently in the works.
6. Tiffany also appeared to share some deets on SNSD’s possible comeback plans during her interview with Elle Korea on YouTube. During the session, she asked on whether there are any plans in store for her group’s 15th anniversary. Tiffany then stated that she needed approval (apparently from the company) before she could reveal anything. However, she quickly responded that Girls’ Generation does, in fact, have something planned.
Watch the video here:
7. Along with the release of the upcoming album, it’s also revealed that Girls’ Generation members are also set to appear on several TV shows to promote their comeback. To add in the list, the girls will also be hosting their own reality show!
Other details, in particular the specific release date of the group’s upcoming album have yet to be released by SM so far. So, stay tuned to this space for more updates. 😉