Since yesterday (Tuesday, 26th April), rumours began spreading like wildfire, claiming that BLACKPINK (블랙핑크) is currently gearing up for their long-awaited comeback. That being said, it appears that a lot of fans of the girl group were skeptical of the news.
It is said that BLACKPINK will release a new studio album in June at the earliest, media outlet Sports Donga revealed in their exclusive report. This marks the group’s new music release in over a year. Their first full album, “The Album” was released in October 2020.
Despite the exciting news, it looks like fans of the YG Entertainment’s group are not too convinced. In this case, many netizens are of the opinion that when it comes to artists signing under the well-known entertainment company, such “insider comments” must be met with strong skepticism.
There were also some who left sarcastic remarks in response to the circulating reports. Among the highlights include:
- “They left out one important detail: Which year?”
- “I bet what they meant was that there’s going to be one measly single in June, and then the album won’t be out until September or October.”
- “Remember when Zico released an album around the same time as BLACKPINK. He then enlisted in the military after that. He’s being discharged this spring. And BLACKPINK has not had a comeback in that entire time frame.”
- “Finally! The girls are getting discharged from the military!”
- “Okay, so there’s no way that BLACKPINK is coming back in June. There is a slight, slight possibility that it might be July then LOL.”
- “No one believes this. It’s gonna be in fall (season).”
- “A single in June, and an album in August or even later than that…”
Still, it seems that some of the BLACKPINK members have begun dropping hints in regards to their impending comeback. Jennie previously revealed on her official YouTube channel that the group will be coming back soon. Additionally, Jisoo also expressed that she was excited to unveil the new song as soon as possible.
Update (Wednesday, 27th April, 2:30pm):
YG Entertainment has recently responded to the circulating reports surrounding BLACKPINK’s comeback this June. In speaking to Sports Kyunhyang, the agency stated that the group’s comeback schedule has not been finalised yet. “Regarding BLACKPINK’s comeback in June, that is only many people’s speculation, not an official announcement from us,” they told the press.
But rest assured, guys, it has been confirmed by the label reps themselves that a BLACKPINK’s comeback is indeed underway! They revealed, “It is true that BLACKPINK is preparing for a comeback. We will release official information when a detailed schedule is ready.”
Sources: AllKpop, KBIZoom (1)(2).
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia