Super Junior member Kyuhyun (규현) has been drawing flak from K-netizens over his surprise appearance in SM Entertainment label-mate Taeyeon (태연)’s fan meeting event. In this case, many people called him out for apparently “barging in” the powerhouse singer’s one-on-one video call with her fans.
Yesterday (15th March), a few lucky fans were able to have a one-on-one chat with the Girls’ Generation’s member. As per AllKpop, a total of 30 fans were presented with the opportunity to talk with Taeyeon after winning the “1:1 video call event” contest organised by Mechima Shop.
However, there has been a debate among netizens on online community platforms regarding the event. The criticisms were mainly directed to Kyuhyun, who surprised fans with his appearance at the event. In one of the screen captures of the event that has gone viral online, the “Sorry Sorry” singer was seen suddenly interrupting Taeyeon’s video call with one of her fans.
Despite his heartwarming gesture, many criticised Kyuhyun for blatantly interrupting the idol’s video call event with her fans. Others also pointed out that some fans might have spent a lot to get a better chance of winning. Therefore, many said that it was very rude and thoughtless of the male vocalist to just simply barge in the session like that.
Here are some of the reactions left by netizens online:
- “I feel bad for the fan who lost out on the time.”
- “He probably never thought about this in the fan’s perspective because he never had to buy albums and wait for the chance to talk to his favorite idol.”
- “That’s so inconsiderate of him.”
- “Didn’t Taeyeon’s staff inform him that she’s on a video call with her fan?”
- “The fan must have spent so much money on that event, OMG.”
- “Is he crazy? Why would he walk in like that?”
- “That one-to-one video call was like winning the lottery. Why would he just jump in like that?”
- “I would be so mad if someone else interrupted my precious time with my favorite idol.”
Do you also think it was disrespectful of Kyuhyun to just jump in the call? Let us know your thoughts.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.