Cue the wedding bells, someone’s about to walk down the aisle! Pengiran Anak Puteri Fadzilah Lubabul Bolkiah, the elder sister to Brunei Prince Abdul Mateen Bolkiah, is set to tie the knot with her beau Awang Abdullah Nabil Mahmoud Al-Hashimi this month.
In an official announcement posted on Brunei Royal Family’s official social media earlier on 1st January (Saturday), it has been revealed that the royal wedding ceremony will be held for 10 days; beginning 16th January 2022 until 25th January 2022.
As revealed in the social media post, the scheduled traditional ceremonies are as follows:
- 16th January (Sunday) – Majlis Istiadat Bersuruh Diraja (Royal ceremonial)
- 17th January (Monday) – Majlis Istiadat Membuka (Opening ceremony) Gendang Jaga-Jaga & Majlis Istiadat Menjunjung Kurnia
- 18th January (Tuesday) – Majlis Istiadat Menghantar Tanda DiRaja and also Pertunangan DiRaja
- 19th January (Wednesday) – Majlis Istiadat Berbedak Pengantin Diraja (Ceremony to bless the soon-to-be groom and bride by close family members)
- 20th January (Thursday) – Majlis Istiadat Akad Nikah Diraja (Solemnisation ceremony)
- 23rd January (Sunday) – Majlis Istiadat Bersanding Pengantin Diraja (Royal wedding reception)
- 24th January (Monday) – Majlis Persantapan Diraja (Royal banquet)
- 25th January (Tuesday) – Majlis Istiadat Membaca Doa Selamat & Menutup Gendang Jaga-Jaga (Closing ceremony)
For those who don’t know, Princess Fadzilah is the second youngest daughter of His Royal Highness Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah and Puan Hajah Mariam Hj. Abdul Aziz. In addition, the 36-year-old royalty is also the captain of Brunei’s national netball squad.
The comments section on the IG post has been flooded with many netizens sending their warm prayers as well as congratulatory wishes to the lovely couple. Are you excited about the bride and groom-to-be’s upcoming royal wedding?
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia