Last September, Kwon Mina (권민아) dropped a bomb when she revealed that she was a victim of sexual assault when she was just 14 years old. Fast forward to December, the case has now been forwarded to the prosecution.
Earlier on 1st December (Wednesday), a representative from the Busan Police Agency revealed to the press that the police already received a complaint that was filed by the former idol earlier this year.
Additionally, the authorities also revealed that they have been investigating a man in his 20s on charges of rape and assault. “The crime took place in 2007, but we were able to prove the crime by intensively investigating the people involved at the time,” the police official revealed in their statement.
Back in September this year, the Busan-born starlet came up with a shocking confession that she was sexually assaulted by an older boy when she was only 14. The ex-AOA member explained, “My friend told me that she was meeting a male student so I followed her to an empty house.”
“That’s where I was sexually assaulted by the older boy,” Mina further claimed, “I told him I wanted to leave but I was beaten up with a beer bottle for four hours. He hit me everywhere on my body except my face. It would have been okay if that was it but I was assaulted and raped.”
The 28-year-old then added by saying, “I was released at 2 in the morning. I wasn’t even able to walk because I got beaten up too badly. The perpetrator went around boasting his crimes.” She then revealed why she didn’t report the matter to the police. According to her, “If I called the police, he would have been put in a juvenile detention centre only. I was afraid that he would take revenge.”
Mina later took to her Instagram to issue her response to the most recent news about the case. She remarked, “Many people helped me a lot in coping with the sexual assault case. I also recalled all the memories (regarding the incident) and handed over a lot of evidence. They decided he was guilty of the crime and handed over to the prosecution. I’m currently waiting for the judgment. I hope that he gets the punishment he deserves, and I don’t want others to fall victim like me.”
“It’s been 15 years and I’m almost in a state of giving up, but I’m really grateful to the many people who helped. Then there was a time when I started the investigation with difficulty when I heard that it could go up to life imprisonment. Still, since March, I started the investigation with the police officers. I am grateful for my acquaintances in Busan.. I have come this far.. Fortunately, the most important evidence and witnesses have come out.. I hope the results do not end in vain, and hope that he’s punished,” she ended her long post.
If you’ve been keeping up with the “Heart Attack” hit-maker, then you might know about the slew of controversial events she became embroiled over the past few years. Among those that made the headlines in the past include the controversy with her ex-boyfriend and also with her fellow AOA member, Shin Jimin.