KL City FC finally ended their 32-year-long wait in the Malaysia Cup after they successfully defeated Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) in a 2-0 score during the eventful final round of the TM Piala Malaysia 2021 the tournament at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil last night (Tuesday, 30th November).
Apart from the unexpected outcome of last night’s match, local football fans and netizens have been buzzing about the KL City goalkeeper, Kevin Ray Mendoza Hansen (or Kevin Mendoza) on social media. People were not only raving about his splendid performance, but also about his attractive appearance! Adding to that, the foreign player even became a trending topic on Twitter.
— Padang Bola Sepak 🇲🇾 (@padangbolasepak) November 30, 2021
For fans who are curious to know more about Mendoza, check out some fun facts about the man of the match that we managed to dig up:
1. Mendoza was born in Herning, Denmark on 19th September 1994. He is 27 years old this year.
2. Mendoza is 6 ft and 2 inch tall (1.88m).
3. He is of mixed Danish and Filipino heritage, which made him eligible to play for both Denmark or the Philippines at international level.
4. Apart from KL City FC, Mendoza also plays for the Philippines national team. You’ll be seeing the heartthrob in action for the upcoming AFF Suzuki Cup tournament 😉
5. That being said, it’s revealed that Mendoza is off the market (Sorry, ladies!). For those wondering, he has been married to a Danish native known as Nadia Baekgaard for nine years already! According to Oh Bulan, Nadia works as a graphic designer. Both of them are currently residing here in Malaysia.
6. The handsome athlete has been gaining momentum in popularity, following last night’s match against JDT. At the time of writing (Wednesday, 1st December), Mendoza has gained up to 86.7k (and counting) followers on his official Instagram account.
Feel free to check him out on Instagram here :)