Coffee lovers, gather! September has ended and it’s time to wake up. In celebration of International Coffee Month this October, we’re not only celebrating coffee as a beverage but also learning more about it.
To quote Rohan Marley, “Coffee connects us in so many ways – to each other, to our senses, and to the earth that supports the coffee trees.” We simply can’t imagine functioning without the invigorating whiff of a good brew to kick off our day.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® (CB&TL) has always championed quality coffee, all the way from the lofty mountaintops where the beans are sourced, to the familiar countertops of your favourite coffee store. Each type of bean, whether it comes from East Africa, Latin America or the Pacific, is selected from the top 1% of Arabica beans from small farms and private estates.
CB&TL’s Signature Espresso, for example, is a blend of beans from five different origins, combined to create a full-bodied, aromatic espresso shot, with each origin possessing its own unique characteristics. They are then roasted individually in small batches to preserve the quality and intensity of each’s aroma and flavour before combining to create the final blend.
Then there’s also the Kahawa 28 beverages, made from the unique Tanzanian Peaberry, a rare species that grows as a single bean. This single origin brew allows you to fully experience its unique characteristics, which includes an aromatic jasmine scent and hints of chocolate and blackcurrant.
“The right brew – made from quality beans that are roasted to the right degree to optimise its flavour – can do wonders. It can lift your spirits and turn your whole day around, and connect coffee lovers in a special way. That’s what we do at CB&TL, and why we continually invest in sourcing the best beans we can find,” said Fiona Rodrigues, Head of Sales & Marketing, CB&TL Malaysia. “This month, let us bring you that most important element – the human touch – so you can enjoy handcrafted beverages that deliver a deeply satisfying experience.”
For the month of October, coffee lovers can enjoy specially-curated Fully Caffeinated Menu, crafted around the Signature Espresso, with a specially-created Espresso Whipped Cream for an extra hit of delicious flavour.
Fully Caffeinated Menu
- Red Eye (RM11.60), an additional shot of espresso in your brew of choice
- Dirty Chai Latte (RM16.45), a hot or iced Chai Latte with a shot of our Signature Espresso
- Matcha Espresso Latte (RM16.45), a hot or iced Matcha Latte with a shot of our Signature Espresso
- Ultimate Affogato Ice Blended® (RM18.70), our decadent Ultimate Ice Blended®, given the affogato treatment with an extra shot of espresso
Single Origin Espresso Kahawa 28
- Ristretto (RM 8.80), an intense caffeine kick
- Gibraltar Americano (RM 10.10), hot or iced
- Gibraltar Latte (RM 13.20), hot or iced
- Gibraltar Mocha Latte (RM 14.70), hot or iced
Thanks to our friends at CB&TL, we’re giving away The Coffee Bean Card (RM50 value) and Kahawa 28 Mug (worth RM39) to 10 loyal readers of Hype Malaysia.
Here are the terms & conditions on how you can win a set for yourself:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Like The CB&TL Facebook and CB&TL Instagram @coffeebeanMY too.
- Share this contest article on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting tagging your friends and help spread the word.
- Like our contest post and tell us what’s your preferred choice of coffee from CB&TL and why.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook in late October 2021.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.