Is there a new K-pop couple in town? It appears that NCT member Haechan (해찬, real name Lee Dong Hyuck, 이동혁), and also Ryujin (류진) from the girl group ITZY have become embroiled in another round of dating rumours on an online community platform.
The rumour surrounding the duo started back in May, after the male idol was apparently caught following the JYP Entertainment group on VLIVE. With neither parties stepping up to address the reports, the rumours surrounding the two K-pop stars ended up flying under the radar.
The dating rumour was brought up once again during this past weekend’s episode of NCT 127’s online reality show “Stick Together”. Haechan was seen cooking up instant noodles for him and fellow member Taeil. After adding the eggs on top of the ramen, Haechan uttered, “You mix the eggs, just this much. And then, what happens is, an egg flower blooms. An egg flower has bloomed. ~ “
The one specific thing that stood out (as pointed out by K-netizens) was the fact that Ryujin had sent similar comments on ITZY’s official Bubble account recently. “Two eggs for ramyun noodles. One is too little. After you mix the egg water, you pour it right on top of the boiling noodles. Then an egg flower blooms like hwararak,” the “Not Shy” hit-maker wrote, adding into netizens’ speculations.
Following the recent discovery, a lot of netizens began speculating that the messages left by Ryujin might’ve “exactly described” the 21-year-old’s actions as shown in the clip. The fans left several comments such as:
- “This is the first time that I’ve ever heard someone call the egg topping of ramyeon an ‘egg flower’.”
- “That is so not a commonly used term when you’re cooking ramyun. No one calls eggs in ramyeon ‘an egg flower’.”
- “Just by the fact that it was Haechan and Ryujin who used that word, it’s hard to rule it as a coincidence.”
- “If they’re really dating, then that could really mean they just started talking like each other unconsciously. They’re using words that sound natural and familiar to them, but when other people hear them, it’s odd.”
- “But really, what she said in the messages exactly describes what he did in the video.”
- “Considering how they’ve had rumours like this a few times already, I don’t think fans can just treat it like ‘baseless claims’.” “
- So does that mean they ate ramyeon together once and while they were making it they were going, ‘An egg flower bloomed’?”“Egg flower?? That’s kind of… believable. Are they really dating?”
- “This is really the first time I’ve heard egg flower. Most people just call it egg water.”
Then again, one commentator on AllKpop responded to the circulating rumour by saying, “Instead of fussing over idols’ dating lives, can we just focus on enjoying their music?” We couldn’t agree more TBH. 😭