Beneath the glitz and glamour, many celebrities in showbiz have secrets they’d prefer to keep close to their chests. But in some instances, the past can come back to haunt certain people.
As seen in the list below, some of these famous A-listers from Hong Kong, Taiwan, and even Japan apparently have close connection to triads.
- Kelly Chen (陳慧琳) – Her dad may be one of Hong Kong’s biggest jewellery tycoon, but little do people know that her uncle is an influential triad leader.
- Cecilia Cheung (張栢芝) – Nicknamed “Brave Beard”, her father Cheung Yan Yung (張仁勇) is a famous triad leader who’s notorious for his gambling debts.
- Mayday’s Ashin (陳信宏) – Fans first discovered Ashin’s ties to a triad when several members showed up to his grandmother’s funeral to pay their respects.
- Jacky Heung (向佐) – Jacky’s late grandfather Heung Chin (向前) and father Charles Heung (向華強) used to have close ties to one of Hong Kong’s largest triads.
- Ady An (安以軒) – She grew up with her father who is connected to a triad. Aside from managing a military textile company, her family is also in charge of the security company of Taipei 101.
- Baron Chen (陳楚河) – His father is one of the leaders of Bamboo Union. Apparently this has helped him in securing better roles in the movie business.
- Waa Wei (魏如萱) and Queen Wei (魏如昀) – Like Baron, this Taiwanese sisters have also admitted that their father belongs to Bamboo Union triad.
- Bonus: Noriko Sakai – The Japanese actress’ father was previously the head of the Yamaken-gumi yakuza group. Her half-brother is also a member there. They reportedly specialise in drug dealings.
Source: Elle HK.