After being deprived of the cinematic experience since earlier this year, many moviegoers are delighted cinemas are finally allowed to reopen.
GSCinemas will be reopening a number of its outlets as early this week (Thursday, 16th September to be exact), while TGV Cinemas will reopen the following week on 23rd September.
Here are the GSC outlets opening on Malaysia Day with more to follow next week:
New Entry SOP & Age Requirement
For the past week, our local cinemas have been working tirelessly on seeking local censorship approvals for the exciting line up of major releases. “We have now received the updated movie line ups from our studio partners, it’s evident that major Hollywood titles will only be ready for cinemas to exhibit from 23rd September. Also, our primary focus is the safety & security of all our staff & guests and to ensure we reopen complying with all SOPs, TGV is taking every necessary precautionary measure and will not rush into reopening.” says Mohit Bhargava – GM of Sales & Marketing, TGV Cinemas.
Among the SOPs implemented, only fully vaccinated individuals (guests and staff) over 18 years old are allowed to enter the cinema premises. Individuals must be able to produce a Digital Vaccination Certificate as proof when requested.
– Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sinovac: +14 days from the date of completion of 2nd dose
– Johnson & Johnson, Cansino: +28 days from the date of completion of dose
TGV will also be operating at reduced seating capacity to allow for proper one metre social distancing in halls and guests are only allowed to purchase seats according to the layout as set on our website and app. Paired seating is permitted for family members and/or members of the same household.
Other enhanced safety measures include:
Customer Entry (Safety Protocols)
- Entry is restricted to fully vaccinated (guests & staff) of age 18+ only
- No entry for guests above 37.5° Celsius and those with symptoms
- No entry for guests without a mask
- Check-in for tracing purposes via MySejathra
Physical Distance Practices
- 1-metre physical distance markers at queue areas
- Concession sales via TGV Web/App and concession kiosks only
- Online transactions & cashless payment modes are encouraged
- Alternate restroom facilities available
- Staggered scheduling of movie sessions to minimise crowd formation in common areas
- Sanitisation at common touch points multiple times daily
- Hand sanitising stations readily available in all common areas
- Extended cleaning of auditoriums after each movie
Staff and Food Hygiene
- All staffs working are fully vaccinated and wear masks at all times
- F&B are prepared in a hygienic manner with food handlers using gloves and following all mandated safety protocols
- Staff to go through daily health screening, practice safety procedures & wash their hands frequently.
UIP Malaysia has also released the titles for 2021:
- “No Time To Die” – 30th Sept
- “Halloween Kills” – 14th Oct
- “Fast & Furious 9” – 21st Oct
- “A Quiet Place 2” – 28th Oct
- “Paw Patrol: The Movie” – 4th Nov
- “The Boss Baby: Family Business” – 4th Nov
- “Last Night in Soho” – 11th Nov
- “Candyman” – 18th Nov
- “Dear Evan Hansen” – 2nd Dec
- “The Addams Family 2” – 9th Dec
- “Sing 2” – 23rd Dec