Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has just announced that 11 types of economic activities under Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) will be lifted tomorrow (Monday, 16th August).
However, only fully vaccinated individuals are allowed to visit them. In case you didn’t know, states under Phase 1 are Kedah, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, and Johor.
The types of businesses are:
- Car wash
- Electric & electrical shops
- Household & kitchen appliances shops
- Furniture shops
- Sports equipments shops
- Car accessories shops
- Automotive & car sales shops
- Morning markets & wholesale markets
- Clothing, fashion & accessories (No trying on of clothes)
- Jewellery stores
- Hair salons (for haircut services only)
- Those with Pfizer, Astra Zeneca and Sinovac are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the 2nd dose.
- Those who took the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are considered fully vaccinated 28 days after the 1 dose.
Do also take note of the SOPs of those sectors allowed to open. Public recreational parks are also allowed to open for individual activities such as jogging, exercise and cycling. Having said that, physical distancing must be adhered to when you’re outside.