Although there hasn’t been any confirmation yet, you can bet that an all-winners season from “RuPaul’s Drag Race” is coming. With 13 regular seasons and 5 All Star editions, there’s a plethora of winners to select from.
After all, the popular franchise has even expanded to countries like Thailand, UK, Canada, Australia and Spain (with Italy and Brazil on the way). Word on the street has it that filming for the Superstars (or all-winners season) is currently underway. Here are the contestants and what we’ve gathered so far:
- Winner of season 3
- Often appears on Fashion Photo RuView with Raven
- Previously said: “It would be interesting to see how it would play out because now it’s nine years later and I’m 45 years old. So I don’t know if I have the same energy as I had before. I think it’s a good idea—I think the fans would love it! If there was any question on who would participate I would certainly be one of them, I just don’t know how long I would last—I’m quite grumpy now.”
- Winner of season 5
- Previously said: “I honestly would love to do it, only to show the fanbase how much I’ve grown, and how much Drag Race catapulted me into evolving and taking my drag as far as I possibly could. I’d do it for that reason, to show everyone what a fierce ass bitch I am!”
Trinity The Tuck
- Finalist on season 9 and Winner of All-Stars season 4
- Previously said: She wouldn’t want to miss out on a chance to win a solo crown – especially when it’s the crown of all crowns. Trinity and Monet are the only co-winners in the franchise so far.
- Finalist on season 9 and Winner of All-Stars season 5
- She had previously expressed interest to return and thinks “it’s better to talk about everyone’s strengths than to pick a single winner“.
Monét X Change
- 6th place on season 9 and Winner of All-Stars season 4
- Previously said: “Absolutely, just so I can fucking beat Bob the Drag Queen. I have Miss Congeniality and I have the same crown and sceptre so he has nothing to say.”
- Winner of season 11
- We last saw her comeback on All Stars 5 as a lip-sync assassin
- Previously said: “Yes I would do it because it’s fun and I like it. I’m a fan of the show as much as I am a contestant. If they ever pitched it I would be like, ‘Oh my god this is going to be so good, yes! Even though, in all fairness, I don’t think it’s any surprise, maybe because I am so new to winning or because all of my fashion is from dollar store party city realness, but I don’t think I’d do so well.”
Jaida Essence Hall
- Winner of season 12
- Previously said: “I think it would be cute. I would just go and be stupid the entire time.”
- Winner of UK season 1
- Previously said: “A global Drag Race would be amazing.”
These spoilers are mainly from Reddit so take it with a grain of salt:
- Fans can look forward to 12 episodes in total.
- This season will apparently adopt a points system so none of the queens will be eliminated (except before the final 4 cut).
- The lip sync for your legacy will still be in play where the winner can win a cash prize.
- Word on the street has it that Yvie redeems her Snatch Game.
- Monet and Jinx are rumoured to be the frontrunners for the first half of the season. Shea and The Vivienne are apparently not far behind.