We commonly hear stories of people’s encounters with ghosts and supernatural beings in real life. Especially in our local culture, spirits or supernatural entities such as ‘Pontianak’, and ‘Pocong’ have long become a source of terror to both children and adults in our communities as superstitions make up the fabric of our daily life.
The sightings of ghosts can be considered as rare as the subtle being cannot be seen with the naked eyes. However, once it makes an appearance, it will surely leave us spooked to the core. Here, we’ve compiled several sightings of ghosts in the entertainment scene, particularly in music videos:
1. “Malaysian Boy” (2011)
- “Malaysian Boy” is a unique rap song produced in 2011 and it contains Malay, Chinese and English lyrics. The song emits positivity as it intends to showcase the solidarity and unity of Malaysians in the music video.
- The song once became controversial when netizens noticed an unknown entity appearing in the music video of the song. Netizens caught a glimpse of the said mysterious entity at 0:40 seconds of the video.
- The Pontianak-like entity appears at the end of the frame and it only shows half of the appearance before the scene changes.
- The spotting of the ghost sparked questions from netizens and until now, the truth behind the appearance of the ‘Pontianak’ remains a mystery as people are still wondering whether the sighting is real.
2. “Takkan Kembali” by Hashmita Selvam (2019)
- “Takkan Kembali” is produced by composer Rumhadi Rumnan and it was sung by rising singer, Hashmita Selvam. The folk genre song enticed listeners and it garnered attention from local music fans because of the uniqueness of the lyrics.
- According to a report by Harian Metro, Rumhadi Rumnan revealed that during the filming process, a crew was admitted to a hospital a day after their filming at the Shah Alam Islamic Cemetery. Another mystical incident happened when another one of their crew member fainted while in the process of editing the video.
- The eeriness of the song is due to the mysterious whispering voice that was heard during the 2:10 to 2:12 minute in the music video. Many netizens commented on YouTube that they heard the ‘whispering’ and the matter was not denied by Rumhadi or the production team.
3. “Monalisa” Ryan Deedat (2020)
- The pop song was produced in 2020 by famous composer and producer, Omar K. The song is performed by Ryan Deedat, who was an ex-vocalist of the band RVL before he debuted as a solo artist in 2017.
- For the same reason, this song also caught the public’s attention as aside from its melodious tune, netizens also spotted a mysterious sighting of an entity believed to be a ‘Pocong’ in the music video.
- The mysterious sighting can be seen at the ending scene of the video clip at 3:21 where it shows an appearance of a white-clothed entity.
- Ryan, who was aware of the matter after it was mentioned by netizens, admitted that there were strange incidents that took place during the filming process. He, however, did not expect that the entity would appear in his music video.
4. “OST Pengabdi Setan”- Cover by Naim Daniel (2017)
Wtf video cover naim daniel ost pengabdi setan, ada lembaga lalu 😭😭😭 *naikkan brightness, tgk pintu area kiri tu* pic.twitter.com/yH5xsAQCFO
— Hang Jebat (@zaelahmad) December 17, 2017
- Naim Daniel was doing a cover song from the popular Indonesian horror movie “Pengabdi Setan” when fans discovered a mysterious entity was walking behind Naim while he was singing the OST.
- Naim who became aware of the matter said that it was not a gimmick as he admitted the presence of the entity in his video. The incident that happened at his rented house shocked Naim so much that he decided to hold a Yassin reading (Quranic verse reading) to alleviate the creepy vibes in the house.
5. “Growl” EXO (2013)
- “Growl” (으르렁) is a song recorded by South Korean boy band EXO in 2013. The song is famous for being a breakthrough single of EXO, with over 2 million downloads in South Korea alone.
- The song was also famous for a well-known sighting of an inexplicable “staff” member in the music video. EXO fans pointed out the mysterious figure in the back room of the supposed lighting room in EXO “Growl” MV.
- “We have heard from EXO oppas that he was a staff member. Some fans even believe that it is a ghost. But the thing is that nobody knows who this ‘staff’ member is,” said one of EXO-Ls in her tumblr post. She also pointed out that the ‘staff’s’ figure changes throughout the MV and the figure looks rather non-human.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia