From cooking competitions and healthcare shows to hybrid home construction designs and a new family reality show, July is packed with varieties of reality shows to enjoy at home.
Astro customers can enjoy a variety of lifestyle and entertaining reality shows on Astro, On Demand and Astro GO from Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD), HGTV (Ch 715 HD), TLC (Ch 707 HD) and Food Network (Ch 708 HD).
Immerse yourself in the world of culinary fun for food history, baking and cooking competition shows:
1. “Marion’s Thailand” Season 1
- When: Premieres 13th July, Tuesdays at 10pm on Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD)
- What’s it about: Filmed in and around a traditional Thai village in the beautiful market-garden area of Baan Pong and amongst the coconut groves of Hua Hin on the Gulf of Thailand, Marion Grasby – Australians favourite MasterChef contestant of 2010, introduces you to her Thai family and shows us how to cook fantastic Thai meals, using the techniques and recipes handed down by her mother. With a pestle and mortar, a wok and a flame, Marion demonstrates how to cook genuine, authentic Thai meals at home making it accessible for everyone.
2. “The Kitchen” Season 24 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 8th July, Thursdays at 9.20pm on Food Network (Ch 708 HD)
- What’s it about: A group of talented food experts gather in the kitchen to share lively conversation and delicious recipes. From simple supper ideas to the latest food trends, they cover all things fun in food!
3. “Best Bobby Flay” Season 22 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 18th July, Sundays at 6pm on Food Network (Ch 708 HD)
- What’s it about: A talented chef hosts in a cooking showdown while culinary experts battle it out to win the ultimate culinary duel. The winner gets a chance to compete with Bobby Flay.
4. “Best Baker in America” Season 2 [Season Premiere]
- When: New episodes every Monday to Friday, at 6.15pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD)
- What’s it about: Host Scott Conant welcomes nine world-class bakers to the competition for bragging rights and $25,000. Judges Jason Smith and Marcela Valladolid welcome guest judges including Yolanda Gampp and Joshua John Russell.
5. “King of Culinary” Season 2 [Season Premiere]
- When: New episodes available every Sunday, at 9pm on Asian Food Network (Ch 709 HD)
- What’s it about: “King of Culinary” is back by popular demand! Hosted by Cavin Soh, in the new series, Chef Eric Teo, Chef Eric Neo and Chef Pung have brought along their disciple to the game! Challenger has to defeat the disciple before they can compete with the master!
Pick up impressive ideas, tips, and learn from hybrid home construction shows:
6. “Christina On The Coast” Season 3 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 13th July, Tuesdays at 10pm on HGTV (Ch 715 HD)
- What’s it about: Real estate and flipping expert, Christina Haack helps clients transform their outdated properties into high-end homes in Southern California. She also begins a personal journey as she looks for a new home for her family.
7. “No Demo Reno” Season 1 [Premiere]
- When: Premieres 21st July, Wednesdays at 10pm on HGTV (Ch 715 HD)
- What’s it about: Home renovation expert and social media creator Jennifer Todryk combines clever design solutions and cost-saving ideas to create stunning home overhauls for clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, all without any major demolition.
8. “Bargain Block” Season 1
- When: Premieres 29th July, Thursdays at 8.20pm on HGTV (Ch 715 HD)
- What’s it about: Partners Keith Bynum and Evan Thomas want to be part of restoring the iconic American city of Detroit. The scrappy visionaries buy run-down and abandoned properties and transform them into affordable, stylish starter homes for first-time homebuyers.
Enjoy family reality & healthcare shows:
9. “OutDaughtered” Season 5 [Season Premiere]
- When: Premieres 29th July, Thursdays at 9pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD)
- What’s it about: America’s first all-female Quintuplets are growing up fast! With Ava, Olivia, Riley, Parker and Hazel rapidly approaching their fifth birthday, and big sister Blayke about to enter tweendom, parents Danielle and Adam Busby are racing to keep up.
10. “My Feet Are Killing Me” Season 1 [Premiere]
- When: New episodes available every Monday, at 9.55pm on TLC (Ch 707 HD)
- What’s it about: Dr. Vincent uses a cadaver bone to fix a woman’s foot who’s deathly afraid of infection; surgery to correct a woman’s webbed toes becomes a crisis for Dr. Schaeffer when she develops a dangerous complication that could cost the patient her toes.