K-drama heartthrob Park Seo Joon (박서준) has gotten himself in a sticky situation over his statement from an old interview.
Recently, the popular celeb’s remarks in his past interview back in 2014 became a hot topic of discussion among netizens online. At the time, he was asked to describe his ideal type of woman.
As stated by Park Seo Joon, he will never change his thoughts that she (future spouse) should quit her job to take care of her family. “I grew up in a family like that, so I also think my kids should be raised by their mom. I heard a person’s childhood forever shapes his or her perspective on life,” the 32-year-old was quoted as saying.
He added, “It seems an unhappy childhood leads to a problematic adult life. Either they won’t have good social skills, or they could end up being a felon to be extreme. I will be their good fatherly figure, but the children need their mother. It could be wrong but to me, this is an answer now.”
Many fans were utterly dismayed by the comments made by the “Midnight Runners” actor in the aforesaid interview. In response, a lot of them took to the online community to leave negative remarks towards him. Here are some thoughts shared by them:
- “Well, what an old, patriarchal belief.”
- “LOL, I’ll never look at him the same way again SMH.”
- “How does a child having a working mother automatically lead to having an unloved childhood? That’s a big leap.”
- “I’m pretty sure not all his fans have had a loving childhood. He should have been more thoughtful with his words.”
- “I understand he wants someone to be a stay-at-home mom but saying someone could end up being a felon? He crossed the line there.”
- “He seems to not know how his words would hurt many people. I see what his perspectives are like.”
Do you share Park Seo Joon’s past view about his ideal type of wife? We certainly hope not.
Source: Nate Pann via AllKpop.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia