How’s your Raya coming along? If you’re craving for more Malaysian local flavours and happen to be a fan of celebrity chef Datuk Fazley Yaakob’s cooking, then we’ve got the perfect recommendation for you.
Prior to the launch during Ramadan, Fazley and Starbucks had worked alongside to curate a menu that highlights the diverse and rich flavours of Malaysia. Taking inspiration from Fazley’s Negeri Sembilan roots, Starbucks patrons have been introduced to four desserts and a savoury dish.
“We have always wanted to launch something that appealed to Malaysians and also helped us to connect even closer to the country that we have been calling our home for more than 22 years,” said Sydney Quays, Group CEO of Berjaya Food Berhad and managing director of Starbucks Malaysia & Brunei. “So, we are delighted to be able to work closely together with Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob to advise us on a specially curated menu that reflects the best of Malaysia and also global food trends. We also believe that this is a great platform to uplift local businesses and our community especially under the current circumstances.”
- Éclair Daging Salai Lemak Cili Api – While generally consumed as a sweet pastry, the eclectic Éclair has been reimagined with a twist. The filing of this sandwich is Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob’s signature spicy turmeric-coconut milk sauce and slices of tender smoked beef.
- Kek Biskut Batik – Utilizing simple but familiar ingredients like chocolate sauce, cream and crackers, this Kek Biskut Batik has been a household favorite for many but is now available at Starbucks with a touch of modern twist.
- Kuih Ketayap Gula Melaka – A local cake or “kuih” that goes by many names across different states in Malaysia, such as Kuih Gulung, Kuih Dadar and most popularly as Kuih Ketayap, plays inspiration to this delicious Pandan crêpe cake, topped with grated coconut in Gula Melaka sauce.
- Roti Kerak Gula Melaka – Adding a Malaysian twist to the Mexican Conchas (shell bread), this Roti Kerak offers an explosion of Gula Melaka sweetness, which is a truly Malaysian flavor.
- Roti Kerak Pandan – Malaysia’s most popular flavors come to life in this mild yet mesmerizing Roti Kerak Pandan. The crunchy texture of the shell and the soft center makes this a delicious treat on-the-go.
View this post on Instagram
- Ayam Salai Masak Lemak Cili Api – Lemak cili api is a quintessential Negeri Sembilan dish that is loved by Malaysians all over. The tender smoked chicken coupled with the rich taste of Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob’s signature spicy turmeric-coconut milk sauce will definitely carve a smile on people’s faces.
- Pasta Rendang Rembau– Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob takes pride in marrying local flavors together with Western staples without compromising on the spices and its rich taste. This luxurious Rembau-style Beef Rendang served together with pasta, is a perfect east-meets-west dish that is confirmed to excite your tastebuds!