Don’t let the pandemic dampen Valentine’s Day! Stir up the romance by setting up the perfect SOP-compliant date at home.
In the event that you’re running short on ingredients or ideas, we’ve got a list of ideas of things to do at home or get at the local neighbourhood mall Da Men USJ!
1. A hearty breakfast to start Valentine’s Day
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start the day right by serving up an impressive breakfast! Not up for cooking? That’s fine – just head over to Coffee & Toast and grab their Big Breakfast set to-go. Don’t forget to plate it nicely at home!
- Location: Coffee & Toast, LG-19, Lower Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
2. Make their heart go bi-bim-bap
Is your partner obsessed with the Hallyu wave? Get your Korean fix to-go at Oiso. Best of all, you can dig-in while watching your favourite K-Drama at home!
- Location: Oiso, LG-13, Lower Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
3. Espresso how much you love them with coffee and desserts
Dessert is synonymous with the word love (in my book anyway!). Why not spend the day indulging in lip-smacking dessert and coffee, by taking away from Union Artisan Coffee? We could not think of a sweeter thing to do with your partner!
- Location: Union Artisan Coffee, LG-18, Lower Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
How sweet it is to be loved by you
4. Sweet treats for the sweetheart
Nothing says “I love you” quite like chocolate! Buy a sweet treat for your sweetheart at Beryl’s, from their sinful dark chocolate to their assorted chocolate that includes black and white, mint and bitter, strawberry, and black bitter. This sweet gift will surely melt your heart!
- Location: Beryl’s, A Taste of Malaysia, Lower Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
5. La vie en rose Valentine
Pamper your love with a rose and green tea scented anti-ageing body and face spray, and a bouquet of rose soap flowers. The best thing is that these roses will never wilt… Unless you wash your hands with them!
- Location: Wunderbath, GF-12, Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
Never bored when I’m with you
6. Valentine’s cook-off
Why not have a bit of competitive fun in the kitchen by having a cook-off with fresh ingredients from nearby Jaya Grocer. Ready-set-cook!
- Location: Jaya Grocer, LG-01, Lower Ground Floor, Da Men USJ
7. Some old-fashioned romance from the bookshelves
Last but not least, you can impress your loved one with a romantic reading session or solving word puzzles together. Check out BookXcess’ selection of books to prepare for your Valentine’s Day occasion.
- Location: BookXcess, Ground and 1st Floor, Da Men USJ