WikiTree Korea recently published an article on a list of actors who have received the highest salaries in accordance to their appearance in a TV project.
As stated in the article, Korean actors association used to split actors in grades; 6 to 18. The highest Grade 18 is for the stars who have received a high payment of up to 2 million won (~RM7,000) per appearance on a TV series. The system, however, soon became obsolete as K-dramas gained more popularity.
Curious to know on how much these Hallyu heartthrobs earned? Check it out:
6. Lee Jong Suk (이종석)
- 120 million won (RM440.8K) per episode for his appearance in “While You Are Sleeping”.
- He was recently discharged from the army on 2nd January 2021.
- His ideal type is actress Lee Na Young.
5. Lee Seung Gi (이승기)
- 120 million won (RM440.8K) per episode for his appearance in “Vagabond”.
- This year, he will be returning to the small screen with a mystery drama titled “Mouse”.
- Also known among fans as a singer, Lee Seung Gi made his comeback in the music scene with his seventh album, “The Project”. Check out the 4 fun facts that we gathered about his new music here.
4. Lee Byung Hun (이병헌)
- 150 million won (RM551K) per episode for his appearance in “Mr. Sunshine ”.
- In the US, he is known for starring in action movies “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”, its sequel “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and also in “Red 2”.
- He was among the first Korean actors to have his foot and hands imprinted on the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
3. Song Joong Ki (송중기)
- 180 million won (RM661.3K) per episode for his appearance in “Arthdal Chronicles”.
- He admitted that he’s not active on social media as compared to other Korean actors, clarifying that he’s not tech-savvy at all.
- His movie “Space Sweepers” will be available on stream on Netflix.
2. Kim Soo Hyun (김수현)
- 180 million won (RM661.3K) per episode for his appearance in “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”.
- He enlisted in the army on 23rd October 2017 and completed his military service on 1st July 2019.
- He is set to appear in a TV series titled “That Night” slated to premier sometime this year.
1. Bae Yong Joon (배용준)
- 250 million won (RM918.4K) per episode for his role in “The Story Of A Great King”.
- The seasoned actor retired from acting following the drama, but remains active in managing his entertainment agency KeyEast which is home to several stars including Jisoo (from “My First First Love”), Woo Do Hwan (“The King: Eternal Monarch”) and Moon Ga Young (“True Beauty”).
- He’s married to idol-turned-actress Park Soo Jin, a former member of the K-pop group Sugar.
Did your favourite K-drama leading actors make it to the list?