TC Candler is currently feeling the wrath of K-pop fans all around the world.
The reason being? He made a joke about BLACKPINK’s Jisoo (김지수) on his “100 Most Beautiful Faces 2020” list. In case you didn’t know, the 25-year-old songstress was placed #50 on the list.
However, it wasn’t her low placement that angered fans – especially Blinks. It was the description that stated where “her English is a pity”. Although the critic’s intention wasn’t malicious, many felt that his choice of words was disrespectful to the K-pop starlet.
Just moments ago, TC Candler took to Twitter to respond to the overwhelming backlash. “If you don’t get that the Jisoo line was HER OWN JOKE… then I don’t know what to tell you. We love Jisoo… and she will like that joke. End of discussion,” the admin wrote.
Despite the explanation, many weren’t satisfied with TC Candler. Check out their argument below:
- “Yes it’s her joke but people who don’t know her will misunderstand it. It might also be used for antis when they throw a hate on her.”
- Her favourite phrase was “THAT’S/IT’S A PITY” not “HER ENGLISH IS A PITY”.
- “She have so many remarkable lines and you decided to use this one? She didn’t even said it like this. It was delivered in an entirely different manner. Y’all disrespectful and so unprofessional.”
- “You could have at least tried to make proper description.”
- “This is bullshit. She’s literally the visual of BLACKPINK – the biggest girl group in the world.“
- “You crossed the line here @tccandler. This is uncalled for and absolutely unnecessary. Rather than promoting her the right way, you chose the most disrespectful way by talking about her English. Apologize to her!“
Did TC Candler really cross the line here?