• Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Sugu Pleads Not Guilty To Court Charges; Pavithra Retracts Report Against Husband

by Syahrul
July 24, 2020
PERAK 24-07-2020. Malaysian Youtube sensation S. Pavithra present at the Magistrate Court in Ipoh as her husband M. Sugu was charged of possessing a 26 inch sickle in a public place.MALAY MAIL/Farhan Najib

PERAK 24-07-2020. Malaysian Youtube sensation S. Pavithra present at the Magistrate Court in Ipoh as her husband M. Sugu was charged of possessing a 26 inch sickle in a public place.MALAY MAIL/Farhan Najib

11
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

S. Pavithra’s husband, M. Sugu has been charged at the Ipoh Sessions Court for possessing a dangerous weapon in a public space.

Based on the charge, he was accused of possessing a 26-inch long sickle in an incident which took place at the parking lot of Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital (HRPB) in Ipoh, at about 6pm, on Tuesday (21st July).

Source: MMO

The YouTuber pleaded not guilty to the offence after the charges against him were read out in Tamil before Judge Mohd Fauzi Mohd Nasir, reported Harian Metro. The prosecution was conducted by Deputy Public Prosecutor Mohd Waffy Ismail.

Sugu has been charged under Section 6 (1) of the Corrosive Materials and Dangerous Weapons Act 1958. If found guilty, he could be jailed for up to 10 years and sentenced to canning. Mohd Waffy also requested the court to set the bail at RM20,000 to ensure that the accused is present throughout the trial.

Source: MMO

However, Mahindret requested for a lower bail, citing the housewife’s financial setback as a justification. “The wife can only afford to pay a bail of between RM5,000 and RM10,000,” Mahindret told the media. He also hoped that the bail will be allowed by the court as Sugu has two young children aged two and eight.

Mahindret explained, “The kids need him. Furthermore, the case was just a misunderstanding between the couple. The wife had also withdrawn the report she lodged against Sugu the following day (22nd July).”

Speaking to the press about the recent incident, Pavithra assured everyone that she had already forgiven her husband. “My husband and I will continue to live our life as usual. We will also resume producing contents for our YouTube channel at any time,” the 29-year-old was quoted as saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67Mc-HFK9I

The court then set a bail of RM10,000, with Sugu required to report to the nearest police station on the first day of every month until the case is completed.

It was also revealed that the re-mentioning of the case will be held on 17th August.

Update (25th July):

In speaking to New Straits Times, Pavithra also shared that she’ll be turning down any form of recognition or award for the time being as their family are just ordinary people that want to live normal lives.

Source: Twitter

“We do not want to accept the ‘Ipoh City Icon’ award… we do not want that or any other award. We are only ordinary people, and we want to focus on our YouTube channel,” the YouTuber told reporters.

“We are not deserving of the ‘Ipoh City Icon’ award as there are so many other talented people out there who are more deserving than us. We want to live a normal life like others. We want to focus on our family, that’s all. We don’t want to be recognised by others. Let us enjoy life like we used to before,” she added.

Source: Harian Metro.

M SuguS PavithraSugu Pavithra
https://lomp.at/h7r2d
Share4SendTweet3Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@mokafy)
Celebrity

Aaron Kwok’s Wife Hasn’t Given Birth? Moka Fang Confirms She’s Still Pregnant With New Photo

by Adleena
October 9, 2025

Earlier this month, Aaron Kwok (郭富城) fans were excited by reports that the Hong Kong superstar and his wife, Moka...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: XIAOHONGSHU (朱加里)
Celebrity

(Video) 61yo HK Actress Esther Kwan Stuns With Youthful Beauty At Recent Fan Meeting

by Adleena
November 10, 2025

Throughout the 90s and early 2000s, Hong Kong actress Esther Kwan (关咏荷) dominated the entertainment scene with her beauty and...

Read moreDetails
SOURCE: INSTAGRAM (@jacksonwang852g7) & TIKTOK (@kibka3__)
Celebrity

(Video) Jackson Wang’s Reaction To Getting Kissed By Male Fan Draws Attention

by Adleena
October 8, 2025

Hong Kong-born superstar Jackson Wang (왕잭슨/王嘉尔) is well-known for his funny and meme-worthy expressions. However, his reaction to an unexpected...

Read moreDetails
SOURCE: INSTAGRAM (@natalietong53)
Celebrity

(Video) Natalie Tong Opens Up About Love Life; Recalls Time She Discovered Her BF Cheating

by Adleena
January 26, 2026

Many celebrities have openly shared about their love life, even the bad experiences. In a recent talk show appearance, Hong...

Read moreDetails
Source: IG/mileycyrus, Facebook,DisneyChannel
Celebrity

(Video) Miley Cyrus Confirms “Hannah Montana” 20th Anniversary Celebration In 2026

by Afiq Amin
December 3, 2025

Can you believe it has been almost 20 years since "Hannah Montana" premiered on Disney Channel? The first episode aired...

Read moreDetails


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    Chrissie Chau Responds To Defamation Suit From Businessman Martin Lee

  2. 2

    Influencer Sprite Fang Claims Namewee & Iris Hsieh Previously Dated

  3. 3

    (Video) Taiwanese Actress Belle Chuo Reveals Her Sensitive Spot While Filming A Commercial For Durex

  4. 4

    Male Customer Flees Hair Salon In Pavilion KL After Receiving RM890 Haircut

  5. 5

    (Video) Bobby Au-yeung Surprises Netizens With Slimmer Figure In “God Of Wealth” Outfit

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?

Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my

NETWORK

  • Lowyat.NET
  • Murai
  • Hangat
  • Lipstiq
  • Wanista
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
  • Fourthofficial

ABOUT

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.