Most of us couldn’t contain our excitement when China Press broke the news that Don Don Donki will finally be making its debut here in Malaysia.
While not much details were revealed, we do know that its first outlet will open right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur – in Lot 10 Shopping Mall, Bukit Bintang, to be exact.
“We are thrilled to welcome the maiden foray of Don Don Donki into Malaysia at Lot 10. The new store with its blue mascot will be vibrant and colourful with a diverse offering of Japanese products and much more. Pan Pacific Retail Management is strategic in choosing our iconic mall for its unbeatable location to attract not just the locals but also to capture the heavy tourist traffic from the dense cluster of hotels in and around Bukit Bintang,” said Joseph Yeoh, Vice President of YTL Land & Development.
He added, “Its dynamic concept is an excellent addition to our tenant mix which reinforces our mall’s youthful vibes of Meet, Play, #LoveLot10. We’ve seen the organic and viral buzz in recent days discussing this upcoming opening and are delighted by the excitement among Don Don Donki fans. We cannot wait for it to open too.”
Thanks to our friends representing Lot 10, here are additional fun facts about the iconic Japan brand specialty store:
- Don Don Donki is expected to be completed by the last quarter of 2020.
- Locals can look forward to its launch in early 2021.
- It will be owned and operated by Pan Pacific Retail Management (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, the Malaysian sub-subsidiary of Pan Pacific International Holdings listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- The street-fronting store spread across three floors will anchor the brand new entrance of Lot 10.
- Shoppers access it from the entrance of the Bukit Bintang MRT station.
To get a rough idea on what to expect, click here.