Just because you can’t travel to Japan right now doesn’t mean you can’t witness the blooming of elusive cherry blossoms right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
In conjunction with Tokyo Street’s 9th anniversary, Pavilion KL’s award-winning precinct has been transformed into a dynamic cultural ambience. Taking inspiration from Asakusa, Ginza and Shibuya, you’ll find plenty of Japanese cultural activities to explore.
1. Soak in the Yukata Experience.
- With a minimum expenditure of RM9 at any specialty stores mall-wide, shoppers can rent a traditional Yukata and snap Insta-worthy photos.
2. Pavilion KL has its own Instagram face filter.
View this post on Instagram
Try out our new Instagram face filter and be transported to Sakura Season in Japan! To use the filter, go to our page and click on the face icon (third icon from the left). Remember to save the filter on your Instagram camera so you can always enjoy our Sakura filter! #PavilionKL #HappyAnniversayTokyoStreet #TokyoStreet #Japan #InstagramFilter
3. Well wishes for 2020.
View this post on InstagramADVERTISEMENT
Let the blooming Sakura Trees bring you happiness! Pick a wish from the colourful ‘Tanzaku’ papers and leave them on the trees for good luck. Click the link in bio for more details. Level 6, Tokyo Street. #PavilionKL #HappyAnniversayTokyoStreet #TokyoStreet #Japan #Wishes
- Tanabata (たなばた) or the Star Festival, is an event originated from the Chinese Qixi Festival. Similar to how Japanese folks do it, you can pick a wish from colourful “tanzaku” papers and tie them on the sakura trees for blessings throughout the year.
4. Art WeMe Contemporary Gallery.
- Take the opportunity to admire the iconic art of Japanese contemporary artist Shiro Utafasa at Level 6. His artwork is inspired by the fascinating sunflower, a popular plant of cultural significance in Japan.
5. Japanese treats.
- Learn how to make soft, fresh and exotic Daifuku-mochi with various fresh fruit filling at the Japanese Daifuku Workshop on 17th July 2020, 6.30pm or 22nd July 2020, 10:15am.
- There’s also a 2-day virtual demonstration on how to master the art of baking a Japanese Earl Grey Roll Cake. Check out Pavilion KL’s Facebook Live on 11th and 12th July at 6:30pm.
6. Make your own Face Mask Necklace.
- Visitors can also customise a beautiful face mask necklace at Summer by Aisha.
7. Let your inner child out at Games Galore Fiesta.
- From now till 31st July, customers who spend RM30 on a single receipt can redeem 1 token to use at the claw machines or other arcade game offerings at the Games Galore Fiesta.
8. Instagram-worthy spots.
View this post on Instagram
🌸 Konnichiwa🇯🇵 日本賞櫻之旅無法成行，就去 @pavilionkualalumpur 的Tokyo Street賞櫻吧～🌸 這個七月，配合Tokyo Street的9週年慶，當局準備了一連串的優惠和活動，而且只需消費滿RM9，即可免費租借並身穿日本和服，在櫻花滿室盛開的Tokyo Street裡打卡拍照。♥️ #HappyAnniversaryTokyoStreet #PavilionKL #PavilionTokyoStreet #malaysiatrulyasia #shopping #tourism #malaysia #shopping #japan #tokyo #cherryblossom #travel #travelgram #travelphotography #travelling #travelblogger #travelphotography #instatravel #potd #love #instagram #Instadaily #instapic #instaphoto #follow4follow #like4like #life #socialmedia #luxury
For rewards and other ongoing promotions, check out Pavilion KL’s website.