Besides K-pop, another Hallyu wave that has gained international spotlight from fans when it comes to the South Korean entertainment is, of course, K-Dramas.
Given the massive (if not significant) success of these TV series, the actors have been able to earn decent salary cheques hanks to their appearances in each episode. Plus, those endorsements don’t hurt either.
Curious to know on how much these Hallyu stars earned? Check out the top 10 list here:
10. Ji Chang Wook (지창욱)
- USD 50,300 per “Backstreet Rookie” episode.
- Fun fact: He named actress Song Hye Kyo as someone that suits his ideal type.
- Following “Backstreet Rookie”, Ji Chang Wook is set to star in a Chinese drama titled “Mr. Right”.
9. Song Joong Ki (송중기)
- USD 50,300 per episode.
- This year, the 35-year-old will be returning to the big screen with the movie “Space Sweepers”.
- Joong Ki appeared in his former “Running Man” cast mate Kim Jong Kook’s “Men Are All Like That” MV. Interestingly, he did that for free without asking for any payment!
8. Lee Jong Suk (이종석)
- USD50,300 per episode.
- He last acted in the TV series “Romance Is A Bonus Book” last year. He is set to appear in a Chinese drama “Jade Lover”.
- Fun fact: Lee Jong Suk has been good friends with SNSD members Yoona and Hyoyeon since their pre-debut days.
7. Yoo Ah In (유아인)
- USD59,000 per episode.
- He was offered to play as one of the 4 main characters in the popular drama “Boys Over Flowers”, but he turned it down instead.
- Yoo Ah In recently acted together with Park Shin Hye in the zombie thriller film “#Alive”.
6. Lee Seung Gi (이승기)
- USD59,000 per episode.
- The actor-singer has been confirmed to star in an upcoming psychopath genre drama titled “Mouse”.
- He is also in the Netflix travelogue “Twogether” with Jasper Liu (Check our favourite bromance moments between the two heartthrobs here).
5. Lee Min Ho (이민호)
- USD62,000 per episode.
- The global star has just wrapped his hit TV show “The King: Eternal Monarch” with Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan and Kim Kyung Nam.
- He is a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. He even dreamt of playing in a Hollywood movie so that he can meet the Oscar winner.
4. So Ji Sub (소지섭)
- USD67,100 per episode
- He created history by becoming the first Korean actor to have a road named after him in 2012.
- The 43-year-old will be appearing in a movie called “Confession” this year.
3. Jo In Sung (조인성)
- USD67,100 per episode.
- Jo In Sung is pretty close to Song Joong Ki. Apparently, word has it that he was the one who have played the cupid role in Song Joong Ki’s love story with Song Hye Kyo.
- He is set to appear in a movie called “Escape” slated to release sometime this year.
2. Hyun Bin (현빈)
- USD83,900 per episode.
- His ideal type: “Someone who can accept and understand my status as a public figure.”
- His most recent drama was “Crash Landing On You”.
1. Kim Soo Hyun (김수현)
- USD84,000 per episode.
- Interestingly, he surpassed fellow actor Lee Byung Hun who received USD126,000 for the 2018 TV series “Mr. Sunshine.
- He is currently starring in the Netflix/tvN drama “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”.
- Growing up, Kim Soo Hyun used to be an introverted child but his mother encouraged him to take acting classes in high school.
Source: Kimchi Stories.