Last Friday (27th March), the government announced that one-off payments will be provided for the lower-income B40 and middle-income M40 groups. This is part of Economic Stimulus Package or PRIHATIN under the Bantuan Prihatin National (BPN) scheme.
However, there’s still a big question mark on how the public will be receiving the financial aid. Thankfully, the Ministry of Finance (MoF) shed some light on this.
As aforementioned, the distribution previously announced include:
- RM1,600 will be given to households with an accumulative income of RM4,000 and below.
- RM1,000 will be given to households with an accumulative income of RM4,000 to RM8,000 a month.
- RM800 will be given to individuals aged 21 and above with an income of RM2,000 and below.
- RM500 will be given to individuals aged 21 and above with an income of RM2,001 to RM4,000 a month.
The press release by MoF addresses who is qualified and how the money will be distributed. BPN’s payment will be carried out in 2 phases: the first at the end of April, and the next at the end of May.
For those who have not registered, new applications can be made online via LHDNM’s official website starting from 1st April.
Payment method for BPN B40 class:
- Those who are registered – payment will be credited to your account; or
- If the payment isn’t successful, cash collection will be available at Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN).
- Those without an account may collect it personally at Bank Simpanan Nasional.
Payment method for BPN M40 class:
- Payment will be credited to the bank account in your income tax return form or Borang Nyata Cukai Pendapatan (BNCP).
- As for the Household Living Aid, payment will be credited to the head of the household’s account in the family.
Beginning 1st April, B40 and M40 class groups may check out your status at these official websites:
- Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia, http://www.hasil.gov.my
- Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH), https://bsh.hasil.gov.my
- Kementerian Kewangan Malaysia, https://www.treasury.gov.my