Earlier this month, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced that locals can now do the screening test for Covid-19 in the comfort of their own homes.
As reported by NST, MOH has chosen selective medical centres in the country to launch a home-based sampling service. This came in time with the restricted movement order, which urges us to stay indoors for the time being.
The service aims to provide the test for those who don’t meet the criteria as a patient under investigation (PUI). In this case, the medical team will arrive at your house to take the swab sample. This process takes less than 10 minutes. The results will come out within a few days.
So, if you’re considering of undergoing the home-based screening test, feel free to check out the 11 centres that offer this service (attached with contact number):
- Pantai Premier Pathology Sdn Bhd (Tel: 03-42809115)
- Lablink (M) Sdn Bhd (KPJ) (Tel: 03-40234588)
- Qualitas Medical Group Sdn Bhd, Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03-79646363)
- Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 011-13013579)
- Twin Tower Medical Centre KLCC (Tel: 03-23823500)
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur (Tel: 03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Cheras (Tel: 03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Klang (Tel: 03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, Melaka (Tel: 03-42809115)
In the meantime, PM Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin recently announced in a conference that discussions regarding the extension of the partial lockdown is still under way. Furthermore, he will have a meeting with the Malaysian National Security Council on Monday (30th March) to determine the next step.
As stated by Tan Sri Muhyiddin, the order may be extended by another two weeks, depending on the current rate of cases involving the Covid-19 outbreak. However, epidemiologist Datuk Dr Awang Bulgiba Awang has disagree. The Universiti Malaya (UM) expert told MalayMail that the rate of infections will decrease if the order is enforced for at least 6 weeks.
What do y’all think?