The combination of Japanese cuisine with French wine is the perfect marriage Nobu Kuala Lumpur has whip up for March’s special offering.
Available from now till April, the Sake & Wine Pairing Omakase is a 7-course menu that features the finest wines and sake from Nobu’s collection that come with delectable Japanese-Peruvian dishes. Curated by Executive Chef Philip Leong and his team, take a look at the menu below:
1. Sashimi ‘Moriawase’
- We were recommended to start with Toro Daikon (left), before moving to the middle with Kampachi Jalapeño, and the rich Scallop Foie Gras (right).
- Paired with Mumm Grand Cordon Brut Champagne.
2. Sushi Selection
- 3-piece premium sushi that consists of Chu-toro (medium fatty tuna belly), Tai (Japanese sea bream), and Uni (sea urchin).
- Paired with Hokusetsu Nobu Daiginjo TK40 ‘The Premium Sake.
3. Aburi Salmon with Kohlrabi Salad
- Paired with Rene Mure Riesling Signature 2013 from Alsace.
- Aburi is actually the cooking method used to serve the fish raw and moist by partially searing on top. The yuzu miso sauce, which has a bit of citrus with oceanic flavours, is the secret ingredient here.
4. Alaskan King Crab with Ginger Salsa
- Paired with Joseph Drouhin St. Veran 2017 from Burgundy.
5. Umami Wagyu with Jerusalem Artichoke Puree
- Best cooked medium rare, the umami flavours come from vegetable broth.
- Paired with Alamos Seleccion, Malbec 2017 from Mendoza, Argentina.
6. Tomato Kombu Consume
- This French dish is macerated in vinegar and topped with macerated tomatoes.
7. Espresso Chocolate Mousse
- Served with coffee crumble and fresh berries.
- End the meal on a sweet note with the Japanese Hokusetsu Umeshu, Plum Wine.
The details to Nobu KL’s Sake & Wine Pairing Omakase are as follows:
- Promo duration: 1st – 31st March 2020 (Update: The promo has been moved to April in light of the restaurant’s temporary closure.)
- Price: RM758++ per person
- Venue: Level 56, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC, 50088, Kuala Lumpur
- Contact: +603-21645084 or +6019-3895085