The combination of Japanese cuisine with French wine is the perfect marriage Nobu Kuala Lumpur has whip up for March’s special offering.
Available from now till April, the Sake & Wine Pairing Omakase is a 7-course menu that features the finest wines and sake from Nobu’s collection that come with delectable Japanese-Peruvian dishes. Curated by Executive Chef Philip Leong and his team, take a look at the menu below:
1. Sashimi ‘Moriawase’
- We were recommended to start with Toro Daikon (left), before moving to the middle with Kampachi Jalapeño, and the rich Scallop Foie Gras (right).
- Paired with Mumm Grand Cordon Brut Champagne.
2. Sushi Selection
- 3-piece premium sushi that consists of Chu-toro (medium fatty tuna belly), Tai (Japanese sea bream), and Uni (sea urchin).
- Paired with Hokusetsu Nobu Daiginjo TK40 ‘The Premium Sake.
3. Aburi Salmon with Kohlrabi Salad
- Paired with Rene Mure Riesling Signature 2013 from Alsace.
- Aburi is actually the cooking method used to serve the fish raw and moist by partially searing on top. The yuzu miso sauce, which has a bit of citrus with oceanic flavours, is the secret ingredient here.
4. Alaskan King Crab with Ginger Salsa
- Paired with Joseph Drouhin St. Veran 2017 from Burgundy.
5. Umami Wagyu with Jerusalem Artichoke Puree
- Best cooked medium rare, the umami flavours come from vegetable broth.
- Paired with Alamos Seleccion, Malbec 2017 from Mendoza, Argentina.
6. Tomato Kombu Consume
- This French dish is macerated in vinegar and topped with macerated tomatoes.
7. Espresso Chocolate Mousse
- Served with coffee crumble and fresh berries.
- End the meal on a sweet note with the Japanese Hokusetsu Umeshu, Plum Wine.
The details to Nobu KL’s Sake & Wine Pairing Omakase are as follows:
- Promo duration: 1st – 31st March 2020 (Update: The promo has been moved to April in light of the restaurant’s temporary closure.)
- Price: RM758++ per person
- Venue: Level 56, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC, 50088, Kuala Lumpur
- Contact: +603-21645084 or +6019-3895085
Update (21st May):
View this post on Instagram
<ANNOUNCEMENT> We are finally opening our doors on 18th May. Yes, you read it right, this coming Monday! We are open for dinner time only, 6pm-9pm. Just in case you can't wait any longer, we are still open for takeaway! Nobu’s Bento will surely hit all the right spots for you! 😉 . Takeaway orders available every day from 11:30am – 9pm. . Wait no more and slide in our Direct Message to order/ lock yourself a table this coming Monday evening. #nobukualalumpur #nobukl #nobu #klcc #eatdrinkkl #timeoutkl #tatler #tatlermy #esquiremagazine #finedining #food52gram
If you’re craving for Japanese-Peruvian cuisine, Nobu Kuala Lumpur is back with its Social Distance Dining implementation where diners can dine in while in a safe space. “Aside from rearranging the tables, there are also a host of measures taken to ensure that our guests are protected. One of these are that Nobu sources the best quality ingredients from the most reputable vendors. We consistently conduct checks for cleanliness and contamination and our guests can indulge in our exquisite dishes knowing that all our ingredients are vetted thoroughly and are safe for consumption,” said GM Gopi Kanala.
New operational hours from 18th May onwards:
- Dinner: 6pm- 9pm daily
From 1st June onwards:
- Lunch: 11:45am – 2pm daily
- High Tea: 1pm – 4pm (weekends)
From 9th June onwards:
- Dinner: 6pm- 10:30pm daily