Batman meets Thor? Yes please. Christian Bale is reportedly in discussion to star alongside Christ Hemsworth in the upcoming “Thor: Love and Thunder”.
If this pans out, it will be the Brit’s first comic book appearance since starring in a superhero movie as Batman in “The Dark Knight” trilogy. As The Hollywood Reporter puts it, character details are “being kept in Odin’s Vault”.
Collider writer Jeff Sneider reported that it’s likely that Bale will be making his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut but both his representatives and Marvel Studios have declined to comment. Having said that, the news of his casting in the upcoming Taika Waititi film is still an exciting tidbit for fans.
Comic Book and Newsarama have even come up with a few suggestions for the roles they could see the Oscar winner in:
- Beta Ray Bill – the horse-like alien who is also capable of lifting Mjolnir in the comics.
- Adam Warlock was created by a group of intergalactic mad scientists in the comics but is the product of Ayesha in the MCU.
- Dario Agger aka Minotaur
- Balder – the half brother of Thor
- The Greek god himself Hercules
- Pluto aka Hades – had a few interactions with Jane Foster after she took on the Valkyrie mantel
- Ares, the god of war
- Gorr, the God-Butcher
- Doctor Doom
There’s also a possibility that Bale could be an actor playing Thor. Remember when Matt Damon played Loki? The same gag could happen in the same fashion with the actor making a cameo.