“Everybody’s welcome at Ma’s. But good luck getting home safe.”
In conjunction with the Malaysian debut of “MA”, Hype will be giving out 10 pairs of movie passes to watch the American psychological horror film directed by Tate Taylor and written by Scotty Landes.
The plot synopsis reads:
“Oscar winner Octavia Spencer stars as Sue Ann, a loner who keeps to herself in her quiet Ohio town. One day, she is asked by Maggie, a new teenager in town (played by Diana Silvers), to buy some booze for her and her friends, and Sue Ann sees the chance to make some unsuspecting, if younger, friends of her own.
She offers the kids the chance to avoid drinking and driving by hanging out in the basement of her home. But there are some house rules: One of the kids has to stay sober. Don’t curse. Never go upstairs. And call her “Ma”.
But as Ma’s hospitality starts to curdle into obsession, what began as a teenage dream turns into a terrorising nightmare, and Ma’s place goes from the best place in town to the worst place on earth.”
Details of the screening are as below:
- Date: 23rd July 2019 (Tuesday)
- Time: Ticket collection at 8:30pm
- Location: MBO Starling (Hall 6)
Here’s how to win the passes:-
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter.
- Tag 1 (One) friend who you want to take to the movie and complete this caption: “I want to watch ‘MA’ because…” (no word limit).
- Include the hashtags #HypeMYxMA #MAmovieMY, and make sure that your post privacy is set to public.
- Private Message us the link to your post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram handles for us to verify.
- Winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by 22nd July 2019.
- Hype.my’s decision is final. Further correspondence will not be entertained.
- Here is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
“MA” will debut in local cinemas on 25th July 2019.