Grammy Award-winning duo The Chainsmokers will be kicking off their “World War Joy” Asia Tour later this year.
Producers and DJs Alex Pall and Drew Taggart have just announced their tour dates which includes 8 Asian countries, which will kick off in mid August. We hate to break it to you, but once again, Malaysia has been left out.
The American EDM-pop duo has produced some of the biggest hit singles in recent years. Their first breakthrough came with the song “#Selfie”. Other smash hits like “Closer” featuring Halsey, has received more than 1 billion streams on Spotify and over 2.2 billion views on YouTube.
The Chainsmokers, won a Best Dance Recording Grammy Award for 2016 song, “Don’t Let Me Down”, has 2 studio albums under their resume so far – “Memories… Do Not Open” (2017) and “Sick Boy” (2018). Their 3rd record, “World War Joy”, is due for release this year. It’ll feature collaborations from Australian pop rock band 5 Seconds Of Summer and American rockers Blink-182.
View this post on Instagram
The Chainsmokers World War Joy Asia Tour:
- 15th August – Manila, The Philippines – Mall of Asia Arena
- 17th August – Tokyo, Jpaan – Summer Sonic Festival
- 18th August – Osaka, Japan – Summer Sonic Festival
- 20th August – Bangkok, Thailand – IMPACT Challenger Hall
- 21st August – Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- 23rd August – Hong Kong – Asia World Expo Arena
- 06th September – Seoul, South Korea – KSPO Dome, Olympic Park
- 07th September – Taipei, Taiwan – Creamfields
- 08th September – TBA – TBA
- 09th September – TBA – TBA
- 10th September – Shanghai, China – Mercedes-Benz Arena
The Chainsmokers also won 2 trophies at yesterday’s 2019 Billboard Music Awards for Best Dance Artist and Best Dance Album for “Sick Boy”.
ADVERTISEMENTView this post on Instagram
The slots for 8th and 9th September haven’t been announced yet. So maybe there’s hope for Malaysian fans?