In this day and age, Malaysian consumers are usually in favour of going cashless. So imagine our delightful surprise when Watsons announced they were offering this hassle-free option.
As the world’s largest international health and beauty retailer, as well as over 450 outlets across Malaysia, Watsons has partnered up with Boost (Malaysia’s homegrown e-wallet) to offer the convenience of a cashless shopping experience.
Since Chinese New Year is just around the corner, customers who shop with Boost at any Watsons outlet and online store will be rewarded extra 8 times Watsons loyalty points. This is in addition to Boost’s signature Shake cashback feature that rewards customers when purchases are made with their e-wallet.
Launched in January 2017, Boost has since gained 3.5 million users on its app. For those unfamiliar with the homegrown e-wallet, you’re probably wondering what’s so special right? Besides being platform for prepaid users to top up their mobile credit, here are other key features you’ll get to enjoy:
- Paying utility bills (Telekom Malaysia, Astro, Syabas)
- Paying for on-street parking in KL and Kota Bahru
- Book and buy public transport rides (KLIA Ekspress, KTM intercity, EzCab, CatchThatBus, Firefly)
- Rewards from “Shake” feature
- Food delivery via DeliveryEat
- Buy digital vouchers from online merchants, F&B outlets, entertainment, plus health & beauty
- Split bills with “Go Dutch” feature
- Cashless donations to organisations
For more info, check out the website at https://www.myboost.com.my/.