Planning to visit Penang again anytime soon? Well, if this wasn’t already on your itinerary, we’re giving you a great reason to set aside a date. In collaboration with our friends at Olive Tree Hotel Penang, we’d like make this holiday season a special one for you!
For the 3rd consecutive year, the hotel’s surroundings will be transformed into Christmas Land. With “An Enchanted Christmas” as the theme this year, visitors can expect giant brightly lit Christmas trees, captivating decorations, reindeers, and santa’s sleigh.
The bright giant tree gives the illusion of glistening snow and it wouldn’t be complete without some colourful presents beside it. Be sure to whip out your camera for some Instagram-worthy shots when you’re in the area. The neon sign with the words “Merry Christmas & Happy New Year” adds a nice touch to Mr Santa and his faithful reindeers.
To make this holiday season extra special, Olive Tree Hotel Penang will play host to a live band and Christmas carolling (from Penang Chesire Home and Glory Mission Church). Diners can also opt to dine in at Sukkah Coffee House for their Christmas eve buffet dinner and Christmas day buffet brunch.
Olive Tree Hotel prides itself in being a Green Building certified hotel. In short, they’re environment-friendly. It’s also a 100% smoke-free environment. The 25-storey hotel, which houses 227 rooms and 19 suites, was build with low-emissivity glass for window panels to reduce heat transfer into the building.
In addition to the nursing room and surau (prayer room), some of the other facilities within the venue include a compact swimming pool, a fitness centre (to avoid skipping gym day), and a yoga room to stretch and meditate.
Located at Bayan Lepas, the hotel is less than 10 minutes drive from the Penang International Airport (depending on traffic) and 20 minutes from the city centre. Olive Tree also provides complimentary scheduled shuttle services to the airport, George Town, and Gurney Plaza. Prior booking in advance is advised.
Just opposite Olive Tree Hotel is Setia Spice Aquatic Centre (the former aquatic venue for the Malaysian Games 2000). The venue features various sports facilities including an Olympic-sized 10 lanes lap swimming pool, 5m-deep diving pool, a children’s splash pool, badminton courts, squash courts, fitness centre, studios, function rooms and more.
Since its new refurbishment, Setia Spice Aquatic Centre has been the go-to modern hub for those seeking to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. The WAHOO Swim School & Academy there offers swimming programs (for kids, teens, and adults) as well as scuba diving courses.
Come 2019, 3 lucky winners will get to experience the new year with a free stay at Olive Tree Hotel Penang. Hype’s Christmas contest winners will stand a chance to walk away with either:
- 2D1N stay in Deluxe Room (inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons) + 2 Swim and Gym vouchers at Setia Spice Aquatic Centre; or
- 2D1N stay in Olive Deluxe Room (inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons) + 2 Swim and Gym vouchers at Setia Spice Aquatic Centre; or
- 2D1N stay in Executive Deluxe Room (inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons) + 2 Swim and Gym vouchers at Setia Spice Aquatic Centre + Penang Hill vouchers for 2 adults and 2 children
Important things to note:
- Validity period for Olive Tree Hotel Penang room stay is from 2nd January 2019 – 1st July 2019.
- Validity period for Setia Spice Aquatic Centre and the fitness centre passes: now till 31st March 2019.
- Not applicable during public holidays and eve of public holidays.
- Reservation must be made in advance and is subject to availability.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and can’t be redeemable by cash or credit.
- Any charges incurred are to be settled upon checking out.
The details to Setia Spice Aquatic Centre are as follows:
- Address: No. 108, Jalan Tun Dr. Awang, 11900 Penang
- Tel: +604-643 2525
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Opening hours: 8am – 11pm daily
The details to Olive Tree Hotel Penang are as follows:
- Address: 76, Jalan Mahsuri, 11950 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
- Tel: +604-6377777
- E-mail: [email protected]
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and twitter @HypeMY.
- Like our Instagram contest post.
- Like Olive Tree Hotel Penang’s Facebook, and follow them on Instagram @olivetreehotelpenang.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Tell us why you deserve a free stay at Olive Tree Hotel Penang: (no word limit)
- Remember to include the hashtags #HypeMYContest #HypeMYxOliveTreeHotelPenang.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Please send us your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify. This is important!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by early January 2019.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Confused by the contest instructions above? Here is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.