Something is brewing beer lovers! Come next month, Heineken Malaysia is throwing a beer festival, titled The Great Brew Fest, to celebrate great quality brews and craftsmanship with a series of “hoppy” happenings.
Set to take place between 1st October till 10th November, beer enthusiasts and social drinkers can even experienced the limited release Tiger Amber Lager, which is a newly-introduced local brewed amber lager. It’s a 5% ABV beer – a refreshing full flavour lager with a hint of malty sweetness and hoppy aroma. Of course, there are many other brews for drinkers to enjoy.
Having said that, you can’t introduce a beer festival without introducing some new kick ass limited edition mugs? Patrons will get the chance to own a first-of-its-kind set of the “brew inspired art” designer mugs at The Great Brew Fest. There are 5 mugs in total and each of them are specially designed by Malaysia’s most talented and renowned artists.
For those who have been collecting beer mugs, there “brew inspired art” designer mugs are certainly a must-have to keep in your collection. The impressive designs are laser etched on to metallic-coloured mugs. They feature craft essence and some interesting fun facts on brew to admire while enjoying your favourite drink.
Pictured below, from left to right, the 5 designer artists are:
- Lynda Chean (Pink Tattoos) – Lynda’s art depicts the botanical ingredients of Paulaner in antique styling, showcasing its heritage and idyllic Bavarian charm.
- Jarold Sng – A surrealist art style incorporating Asanoha patterns depicts the mythical kirim against a modern backdrop. Emphasis is given to Japanese brew Kirin Ichiban being the only beer made with the first press of the wort.
- Beautiful Machines featuring Sling – Custom bike builders Beautiful Machines honours Guinness with their garage-style sketches. You can notice the history, heritage and craft that make Guinness iconic.
- Kenji Chai – A graffiti art collage depicts a charging tiger, a metaphor to describe the bravery of this Asian-brewed lager that is “uncage”.
- CLOAKWORK – Graffiti artist CLOAKWORK has a cheeky personality that blends well with Apple Fox’s brand. His illustration conjures up playful imagery of the stealthy fox on the hunt for the finest apples in an orchard.
We’re giving away these 5 limited edition “brew inspired art” designer mugs to our readers at Hype Malaysia. If you’re keen on winning 1, find out how you can take home your favourite mug:
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Caption: Tell us which mug you want and why.
- Remember to include the hashtags #HypeMYContest #HypeMYxHeinekenMalaysia #TheGreatBrewFest.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Private Message us the link to your post on Facebook after you’re done. Please include your Twitter and Instagram accounts so that we can verify. This is important!
- Also answer the following question when you PM us: Name 3 brews that will be featured at The Great Brew Fest.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by mid October 2018.
- Winners will have to collect the items for Hype Malaysia’s office.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.