The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s 3rd child, Prince Louis Arthur Charles was recently christened at the Chapel Royal at St. James’s Palace and 6 people has been announced as the baby’s godparents.
Even though Louis’ aunts and uncles like Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, and Pippa Middleton attended the christening, none of them has been named as his godparent.
ADVERTISEMENTView this post on Instagram
At his christening, Prince Louis wore a handmade replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly, Dressmaker to The Queen – the original Royal Christening Robe, of fine Honiton lace lined with white satin, was made in 1841 for the christening of Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, Victoria, Princess Royal 📷PA
Instead, Prince William and Kate Middleton have appointed 6 of their close friends and relatives to be the baby’s godparents.
“They are rewarding the loyalty of their really close friends and keeping the godparents from the tight, inner circle,” says one close observer to People magazine.
There are a total of 3 godmothers and 3 godfathers. The godmothers include:-
- Lady Laura Meade – Wife of James Meade who is a close friend of Prince William and godfather to Princess Charlotte.
- Hannah Carter – Kate Middleton’s college friend at Marlborough College. Carter’s sister in-law, Sophia Carter is Princess Charlotte’s godmother.
- Lucy Middleton – Kate Middleton’s cousin who works as a lawyer. Her brother Adam Middleton is one of Princess Charlotte’s godparents.
Meanwhile, the godfathers are:-
- Nicholas van Cutsem – Childhood friend of Prince William and brother of William van Cutsem, who is one of Prince George‘s godfathers.
- Guy Pelly – Longtime close friend of William, Harry and Kate, who was a candidate for Prince George’s godparent. His mother was a close friend of Princess Diana.
- Harry Aubrey-Fletcher – Prince William’s schoolmate at Ludgrove School in Berkshire and Eton College.