Filming for “Asia’s Next Top Model” cycle 6 is currently underway in Bangkok, Thailand. However, social media is already abuzz with the models competing in the reality-show. One of them happens to be Rubini Sambanthan.
“Asia’s Next Top Model” hasn’t officially released the list of models for cycle 6 yet. But multiple sites have confirmed that Rubini will be carrying our Malaysian flag while competing against other girls for the top spot.
There’s no doubt that we’ll be cheering Rubini as she follows in the footsteps of previous Malaysian contestants Sheena Liam (the winner of cycle 2) and last cycle’s models Shikin Gomez and Alicia Amin. Despite not clinching the winning crown, both Shikin and Alicia went far in the competition and have made a name for themselves in the fashion industry.
While Rubini is still relatively unknown to the Malaysian audience, we thought it’d be fun to share some fun facts about this Malaysian beauty.
1. At 27 years old, Rubini was born on 23rd August 1991.
2. She graduated in Accounting and Finance.
3. In 2014, this Malaysian beauty won Miss Global International Malaysia.
4. Sadly, her older brother passed away. She recently posted a throwback photo in honour of her sibling.
5. Last October, she tweeted:
“The hardest Deepavali,
Last year we gathered at Shan’s place, you were there. It was almost perfect, I was the happiest. We are not allowed to celebrate this year, according to the Indian Ritual of death and grief. I am not sure how to react, it hurts.
My parents pain and loss, their first child is no longer here to celebrate any of the festivals. Losing a big Brother permanently, its devastating. I am going to miss him every day, every special moment and on your birthday i will buy you the cake that I bought for you every year and blow out the candles myself cuz I can’t live life without you aneh.
I miss looking at you, your sulking and tired face from work. I miss our small 3am talks. I love you my light. Happy deepavali aneh.
Your sister misses you.”
6. She has appeared on a fashion spread together fellow “Asia’s Next Top Model” alum Alicia. The pair also follow each other on social media.
7. Her boyfriend, Shan Ratnam, is also a fashion model. He studied Chemical Engineering.
“Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 6” premieres on 22nd August 2018 (Wednesday) at 9pm.