Since the 8th and final season of “Game of Thrones” won’t air until next year, we’ve got another action-packed show to fill in that empty void. “Westworld” is set to return for its 10-episode 2nd season this month.
To those who aren’t familiar with this HBO drama series, “Westworld” is a hybrid of Sci-fi and Western that takes place in Shogun World – the feudal Japan theme park. Thanks to some research, here is a list of fun facts to prep you up for “Westworld” Season 2.
— Westworld Updates (@WestworldUpdate) March 23, 2018
1. The HBO Original series “Westworld” has won five 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards and was nominated for a total of 22 Emmys.
2. “Westworld” was inspired by the 1973 movie written and directed by Michael Crichton (who wrote “Jurassic Park”).
3. “Westworld” was created for television by executive producers and husband and wife, Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy.
4. “Westworld”’s returning cast for season 2 includes Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, James Marsden, Jimmi Simpson, Rodrigo Santoro, Luke Hemsworth, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Tessa Thompson, Clifton Collins, Jr., Simon Quarterman, Talulah Riley, Louis Herthum, Angela Sarafyan, Ben Barnes, and more…
5. Season 2’s new cast members include Jonathan Tucker as Craddock, a military officer; Neil Jackson as Nicholas, a charmer in unchartered territory; Gustaf Skarsgård as Karl Strand, a field operative; Fares Fares as Antoine Costa, a tech expert; Betty Gabriel as Maling, a fixer; Katja Herbers as a guest named Grace.
6. Music from the series is composed by Ramin Djawadi, who also worked on the HBO hit-series, “Game of Thrones”.
7. The phrase mentioned multiple times in the series by Dolores Abernathy, “These violent delights have violent ends”, is actually from Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet”.
8. Jeffrey Wrights’ characters’ name “Arnold Weber” is an anagram for “Bernard Lowe”, both of which he plays.
9. Everything in “Westworld” is by design and nothing is there by accident. Seemingly unimportant scenes have important Easter eggs in them.
10. There’s a code hidden within the first “Westworld” Season 2 trailer which leads to yet another trailer.
11. There are multiple parks in “Westworld” and Shogun World is the second park. It is a feudal Japan-themed park.
These following stars all have famous Hollywood brothers in the movie industry:
12. Jonathan Nolan is the younger brother of Christopher Nolan. Yes, that Nolan dude that gave us masterpieces such as “Dunkirk”, “Interstellar”, “Inception” and “The Dark Knight”.
13. A cast member from Westworld is a Hemsworth. Luke Hemsworth, who plays Head of Security, Ashley Stubbs. He’s not as well-known as his siblings – Chris and Liam.
Enjoy the official trailer:
“Westworld” Season 2 debuts on HBO (Astro Ch 411 / 431 HD) as well as Astro GO and On Demand on 23rd April 2018 (Monday) at 9am with a same day encore at 10pm. New episodes premiere every Monday at the same time.