The power of three will set us free.
The official casting for the witchy sisters have finally been announced. Madeleine Mantock, Melonie Diaz, and Sarah Jeffery will play the new versions of the Charmed Ones. Instead of taking on the famous Halliwell family name, these new witches will be known as the Pruitt sisters.
Meet the actresses playing the Pruitt sisters (from left to right) here:
- Madeleine Mantock will play oldest sister Macy. The character is described as a “practical, driven, and brilliant geneticist”. Her world will be turned upside down by the revelation that she’s a witch. She’s the Prue of the group.
- Melonie Diaz is the middle sister Mel, who also happens to be an outspoken feminist and lesbian. Like Piper, she can also freeze time.
- Sarah Jeffery will portray the youngest sister, Madison. Described as a “bubbly college freshman” (like Phoebe in her early years), she’s not too keen on her new witch life interfering her dream of being a sorority girl.
Curious to know who else has been cast in “Charmed” 2.0?
- Ser’Darius Blain, the dude from “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”, has signed on to play Macy’s aspiring filmmaker boyfriend Galvin.
- Is the Rupert Evans the new Leo? Possibly. He will play the sister’s charming Whitelighter, named Harry, who’s also a professor.
The “Charmed” reboot has been ordered for a 2018/2019 season.