Last week, we announced that the first fried chicken festival in Malaysia is coming to town. Guess what? There is also going to be a vegan day festival next month too!
Organised by Malaysian Vegetarian Society and supported by Veganism Malaysia, the World Vegan Day festival is taking place in Publika on the first week of November. This occasion is pretty unique considering it’s the first time local vegans are bringing veggie eaters together in the name of healthy food.
World Vegan Day, which falls on 1st November, is nothing new though. The healthy food festival has been celebrated for the past 23 years worldwide. As you can see from the poster above, the food event will also feature healthy activities such as demos from fitness instructors, health and lifestyle tips from seasoned practitioners, cooking demos from local chefs, as well as some interesting exhibitions.
Some of the World Vegan Day Malaysia vendors that are participating include:
- Krispie (snacks)
- dna Lifestyle
- No Guilt (peanut butter)
- LN Fortunate Coffee (100% plant-based cafe)
- Kelava (handmade vegan ice cream)
- The Good Co. (salad, granolas, sandwiches, juices, smoothies)
- TheDrHerbs Resources (herbal products and remedies)
- C’duo cookies (organic cookies)
- Sipster Flower Teas
- Amrita Kefir
- Jing Shi Bakery
- Granny Doris (fruit store and cold-pressed juices)
- Sala (Tex-mex Latin inspired vegan restaurant)
- Real Food (organic items)
Details to World Vegan Day Malaysia 2017 Festival are as follows:
- Dates: 4th and 5th November 2017 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Time: 10am – 10pm
- Venue: Level G2, The Square, Publika
- Admission: Open to public
The nearest LRT stations are Semantan station or Segambut station. From there, take a taxi/Uber/Grab car.
For more information, visit the event page here.
Source: The Hive/ Featured image: World Vegan Day.