Calling all Little Monsters, are y’all ready to get up close and personal with Lady Gaga?
Whether or not you feel like you know Mother Monster, the 31-year-old pop provocateur is spilling even more secrets in her upcoming Netflix documentary film titled, “Gaga: Five Foot Two”.
In speaking with Entertainment Weekly, director Chris Moukarbel revealed that filming started in June 2016 and followed the mega superstar until her “Joanne” era. So what is “Gaga: Five Foot Two” essentially about?
The entertainer explained:
“(You will see) a woman who’s an artist, creates all day, thinks all day, and also has the experiences (as) both an artist and a celebrity. Those 2 things collide for me, and you’ll see how they’re conflicted. I am 100% at my lowest common denominator. Nobody (is) explaining what I am or putting a label on me as a female artist in this film. That’s what this documentary is about“.
According to fan forum Gaga Daily, a fan had the chance to watch “Gaga: Five Foot Two” before the premiere because his mother edited the film’s subtitles. He shared a couple of key information from the forthcoming documentary. There are potential spoilers ahead, so read at your own risk.
1. Gaga initially relied on social media at the beginning of her career to propel her celebrity status. However, its toxicity made her mentally unstable and forced her minimise her social media presence.
2. There were several incidents where people broke into her apartment threatening to kill or kidnap her; this experience left Gaga extremely traumatised.
3. She developed an addiction to painkillers (presumably due to chronic pain) and was a drug addict during her entire “Born This Way” tour.
4. The pop diva took Madonna’s shade about “Born This Way” personally. Although Madonna later apologised personally, Gaga shared that she will probably never trust her again.
5. Her breakup with Taylor Kinney is addressed in the documentary but he doesn’t make an appearance.
6. “The Cure” is a tribute to her friend Sonja, who recently passed away from cancer. It was released as a standalone single earlier this year, because Gaga wanted Sonja to hear it on the radio before she died.
Here’s a compilation of the teasers released so far:
“Gaga: Five Foot Two” will debut on Netflix on 22nd September.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia