Are you ready Marvel fans? 3 months up being picked up as a TV series, the studio is about to introduce a new host of heroes in “New Warriors”.
“New Warriors” will be a 10-episode comic book adaptation (half-hour each), that centres on 6 young gifted people learning to cope with their abilities. And yes, the popular Squirrel Girl is also included in this new line-up. Unfortunately, it’s not Anna Kendrick.
“I am thrilled beyond belief to be working with this incredible group of actors. They are funny, sincere, eager, charming and perfectly embody these characters. It’ll be a blast and an honour to create this show with each of them, ” said Marvel and longtime Squirrel Girl superfan and showrunner Kevin Biegel.
“We’re so lucky to have assembled such a diverse and incredibly talented cast,” Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb said. “We can’t wait for the fans to see what’s in store when we unleash these iconic characters into the world!”
The 6 new characters are:
- Doreen Green a.k.a Squirrel Girl (played by Milana Vayntrub) – She possesses powers of a squirrel. Her greatest quality is her optimism.
- Craig Hollis a.k.a Mister Immortal (played by Derek Theler) – He can’t die… or so he says.
- Dwayne Taylor a.k.a Night Thrasher (played by Jeremy Tardy) – Brilliant and noble and maybe a bit full of himself, he believes deeply in justice.
- Robbie Baldwin a.k.a Speedball (played by Calum Worthy) – He’s able to throw kinetic balls of energy.
- Zack Smith a.k.a. Microbe (played by Matthew Moy) – He can talk to germs that tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and with whom you’ve hung out.
- Deborah Fields a.k.a. Debrii (played by Kate Comer ) – She’s a low-level telekinetic; very low like she can move a paper cup.
Marvel Television and Freeform’s “New Warriors” is expected to debut in 2018.