Taylor Swift has been lying low over the past few months. That’s because she’s back in the dating scene!
According to E! News, the 27-year-old superstar is currently dating English actor Joe Alwyn. Joe who? If you’re like most of us, you probably know next to nothing about this handsome young man she’s seeing at the moment.
Swift and Alwyn have been keeping their newfound romance on the down low. Sources claim that the pop singer would used wigs and disguises so that people wouldn’t recognise her when stepping out in London.
“Taylor and Joe are the real deal, this is a very serious relationship. But after what happened with Tom Hiddleston, they were determined to keep it quiet,” The Sun UK reported.
While we’re super stoked for Swift, we bet many fans are curious to know more about her leading man. Who exactly is this Joe Alwyn? Thanks to several sources online, we’ve come up with a few interesting facts about the singer’s beau.
1. Alwyn is 26 this year. He was born on 21st February 1991.
2. He is a rising star and was previously dubbed as “Hollywood’s Next Big Thing” by The Hollywood Reporter.
3. The Brit reportedly still resides with his mum, a psychotherapist, together with his dad, a documentary filmmaker, in his hometown of Crouch End in North England.
4. He’s a huge fan of the “Twilight” franchise. Is he #TeamEdward or #TeamJacob though?
5. He was super focused on his studies before making the decision to pursue acting. The young lad studied theatre at both the Royal Central School of Speech in London as well as Drama in the City of London School (the same place Daniel Radcliffe also attended). Good to know that he isn’t resting on his handsome looks.
6. His breakthrough role was in Billy Lynn’s “Long Halftime Walk”, released last November. Prior to that, the actor did not have any experience in front of the camera.
7. He’ll be starring opposite one of Swift’s gal pals, Emma Stone, in “The Favourite”.
8. Alwyn isn’t the first Joe the Grammy winner has dated. Remember Joe Jonas?
What do y’all think of their new relationship? Sound off in the comments below.