Awana SkyWay, Resorts World Genting’s new state-of-the-art cable car system, is now open to visitors.
Located at the new Awana Transportation Hub, the Awana SkyWay offers both thrills and convenience to Resorts World Genting guests. The 99 cable cars can carry 3,000 passengers every hour on the 620-metre ascent from Awana station to the final stop, SkyAvenue station.
With a top speed of 6 metres per second, the 2.8km journey takes just 10 minutes. Visitors will get a spectacular bird’s eye view of the 130-million-year-old rainforest surrounding Resorts World Genting and the site of the future Twentieth Century Fox World theme park.
Here are some fun facts about the new Awana SkyWay:
- The thrilling ride up the mountain begins at Awana station. Passengers have the option of disembarking at 2 stops to explore the attractions around Resorts World Genting.
- The 99 available gondolas can each carry 10 passengers. 10 of the gondolas are fitted with glass floors, allowing for unobstructed views of the surroundings.
- Every gondola is also fitted with two USB ports allowing visitors to charge their mobile phones.
- It takes approximately 6 minutes for the cable cars to travel from the Awana station to the Chin Swee Temple station which is located at an altitude of 1,514 meters.
- They can alight at Chin Swee station to enjoy the panoramic views or they can remain in their gondola until the final stop at SkyAvenue station which connects directly to the SkyAvenue shopping mall.
- The station has its own car park, washrooms, and automated ticketing kiosks for the convenience of visitors.
- Passengers wishing to continue their journey on the Awana SkyWay from Chin Swee station can expect an additional 4 minutes to reach the landing at the SkyAvenue station.
- Visitors to Resorts World Genting can take cabin-sized luggage on board the gondola, while larger luggage can be stored at the new Awana Bus Terminal for RM5 for 24 hours.
- The new Awana SkyWay operates 7 days per week, from 7am until midnight.
With the launch of Awana SkyWay, visitors can look forward to easier access to the peak while travelling at a leisurely pace.
Tickets for the standard gondola are priced at RM8 for individuals while Genting Rewards Card members can pay through point deduction system of 5GP per trip. An express boarding pass can be purchased for RM40.
For the glass floor gondola, tickets are RM50 for an individual or 40GP for Genting Rewards Card Members.
Resorts World Genting first began operating cable cars in the 1970s. The new Awana SkyWay is the 4th system the company has built and it is said to be one of the most advanced in the world. The cable car system is part of a 10-year master plan to transform Resorts World Genting.