JTBC’s latest K-Drama, “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” (힘쎈여자 도봉순), aired over the weekend and so far, it hasn’t disappointed.
The show has quickly become the broadcasting studio’s highest-viewed drama with 5.7 percent in ratings, surpassing “Secret Love Affair” (밀회).
Helmed by “I’m Sorry, I Love You” director Lee Hyung Min, the story follows Do Bong-soon (played Park Bo Young), a young woman who was born with herculean strength. However, due to her love for In Guk Doo (played by Ji Soo), a rookie detective, she desperately wants to become an elegant woman. She eventually gets a job as a bodyguard to a spoiled rich heir, Ahn Min Hyuk (played by Park Hyung Sik), who is also the CEO of a gaming company called Ainsoft.
Things get interesting (and funny) when the trio gets involved in a serial murder case. They end up reluctantly living together for security purposes.
Here are some reasons why you need to watch “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”:
1. The drama was penned by Korean screenwriter, Baek Mi Kyung. Her previous works include “Kang Koo’s Story” (강구 이야기) and “My Beloved Eun Dong” (사랑하는 은동아).
2. Park Bo Young plays a heroin who doesn’t need any help from men. Talk about girl power strong 🙂
3. Plenty of bromance and hilarious “skinship” between Hyung Sik and Ji Soo’s character!
4. It’s a rom-com meets action-thriller. You won’t know what’s going to happen next.
5. Gag woman/ comedian Park Bo Mi will play Na Kyung Shim, Bong Soon’s trusty childhood friend. This also marks Park’s first drama role.
6. APINK’s main vocalist Eun Ji sang the show’s first OST, titled “You’re My Garden” (그대란 정원).
“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” premiered on JTBC on 24th February and airs every Friday and Saturday at 8:30pm.