Chinese New Year is less than a month away and it’s that time of the year where we start shopping for house visitation gifts.
It’s customary for us to go about conveying well wishes for an auspicious year ahead. To coincide with the Red Fire Monkey year, Coca-Cola has released a series of 8 cans that contain auspicious symbolism and wishes.
The auspicious message and symbols on the 8 Coca-Cola Chinese New Year Cans (from left to right):
- Abundance In Wealth (财源滚滚) – Pineapples, Coins, Ingots
- Lasting Youthfulness (青春常驻) – Cranes, Peach Buns, Plum Blossom
- Benefactors Aplenty (贵人相助) – Ruyi Knot, Peach Blossoms
- Prosperity In Business (生意兴隆) – Double Gold Fish, Water
- Academic Success (学业有成) – Brush, Ink, Paper Scroll
- Smooth Sailing Career (事业顺利) – Sail Boat
- Flourish In Love (情场得意) – A pair of Magpies
- Peace In The Family (合家平安) – Gourd, Stone Lions
Each Coca-Cola can design conveys a special auspicious wish (such as fortune, prosperity, peace in family, advancement in career and etc), so there’s something for everybody.
These festive Coca-Cola Chinese New Year cans are now available in stores while the limited edition collectors gift set will be available at these selected outlets:
- 16th January 2016: Aeon Bandar Utama
- 17th January 2016: Giant Kota Damansara
- 23rd January 2016: Aeon Big Mid Valley
- 23rd January 2016: Giant Klang
- 24th January 2016: Aeon Big Kepong
- 30th January 2016: Aeon Bukit Indah (Bukit Indah, Johor)
- 31st January 2016: Aeon Queensbay (Penang)
For more updates, check out Coca-Cola’s Facebook page.