2016 is going to be a good year for K-Pop fans because EXO, the popular idol boy group from SM Entertainment, is coming to Malaysia in March as part of their 2nd solo concert tour, “EXO PLANET #2 – The EXO’luXion”.
EXO is a Korean-Chinese boy group that made their debut with their first mini album, “MAMA”, in 2011. It originally consisted of 12 members separated into 2 subgroups, EXO-K and EXO-M, performing music in Korean and Mandarin, respectively. However, the group has been promoting with 9 members since June 2015.
EXO’s addictive music and charming looks have gained them devoted fans from across the globe. Over the past few years, they captured global attention with several hit singles such as “MAMA”, “Growl”, and “Overdose”. Their increasing popularity helped them sell over a million copies every time they release a new album.
Their first studio album, which was titled “XOXO”, proved successful as it won both “Disk Daesang” at the 28th Golden Disk Awards and “Album of the Year” at the 15th Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA). Over a million copies of the album were sold as well, making them the fastest-selling Korean artiste in 12 years.
In 2014, EXO held their first solo concert tour “EXO From. EXOPLANET #1 – THE LOST PLANET” after releasing their 2nd mini album “Overdose”.
Following the success of the tour, the group then announced their 2nd solo concert tour in 2015. Titled “EXO PLANET #2 – The EXO’luXion”, the tour first kicked off in Seoul in March 2015 on 5 separate dates.
They went on to perform at several sold-out shows in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, and Japan.
After much anticipation, Star Planet confirmed that EXO will be coming to Kuala Lumpur to hold a concert in March 2016.
It won’t be the first time that the group is performing in Malaysia because EXO-M first performed in Malaysia alongside Super Junior-M and BTOB for Asia Super Showcase in 2012. They also attended the 27th Golden Disk Awards (GDA) in Malaysia with EXO-K and performed together at MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia in 2014.
Details about their upcoming concert in Malaysia are as follows:
- Date: 12th March 2016
- Time: 8pm
- Venue: Stadium Merdeka, KL
UPDATE (11th January, 4:54pm):
Ticketing info and details about the ticket launch event for the “EXO PLANET #2 –The EXO’luXion World Tour Live in Malaysia 2016” have been revealed.
According to GoKpop, tickets are priced at RM688, RM548, RM428, RM348, RM328, and RM208 (subject to RM4 processing fee).
Details about the ticket launch event are as follows:
- Date: 16th January, 2016 (Saturday)
- Time: 11am to 5pm
- Venue: KL Sogo (Level 7, Event Hall)
Fans who are planning to purchase concert tickets at the ticket launch event will receive discount promotions.
The discount promotions are as follows:
- Spend on Spritzer products and enjoy discount on tickets! 15% off on 1 ticket with a minimum spending of RM20 or above in a single receipt OR 15% OFF on 4 tickets with a minimum spending of RM80 or above in a single receipt. Only receipts during the period from 11th to 16th 2016 are acceptable. Offer is valid for all ticket types and is limited to 4 discounted tickets per person.
- Bonuslink members get 15% off on 2 tickets (Category 1, 2, 3 & 4 only) if they present their membership cards upon ticket purchase.
- KL SOGO S Card members get 10% off on 2 tickets (Category 5 only) if they present their membership cards upon ticket purchase.
- Star Planet SClub members get 10% off on 2 tickets (all ticket types) if they present their membership cards upon ticket purchase.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Fans in Penang, Johor, Sabah and Sarawak can purchase tickets from designated ticket outlets on 16th January from 11am onwards. Tickets will also be made available online on TicketCharge from 5pm onwards.
For now, we will leave you with one of EXO’s latest singles, “Sing For You“. Enjoy: