We’ve had a slew of celebrity wedding news this year (read: Nicky Wu and Cecilia Liu; Tavia Yeung and Him Law; Ruby Lin and Wallaca Huo; Henry Golding and Liv Lo; Ken Chu and Vivien Han), but none as shocking as Taiwanese actress Shu Qi (舒淇) and Hong Kong filmmaker Stephen Fung (馮德倫)’s sudden marriage.
On Saturday (3rd September), the actress dropped her gorgeous pre-wedding photos through her publicist and fans went into a frenzy! But unfortunately, the date of their wedding wasn’t revealed.
The lovely couple first met on the set of “Bishounen” (1998, 美少年之戀), a Hong Kong film that also stars Daniel Wu (吳彥祖). Wow, that’s almost 20 years of friendship!
Both stars are no stranger to high-profile relationships. 40-year-old Shu Qi, real name Lin Li Hui, previously dated veteran Hong Kong singer Leon Lai while 42-year-old Stephen Fung had a 9-year relationship with popular actress Karen Mok (莫文蔚) that ended in 2007.
Check out their pre-wedding photoshoot video below (taken from Shu Qi’s Instagram):
We’re so happy for couple that we couldn’t resist finding out more about their quiet wedding! Thanks to the interweb (and Apple Daily), here’s what we know about Shu Qi and Stephen Fung’s quiet wedding:
1. They dated for 4 years before tying the knot in Prague, Czech Republic.
2. Stephen Fung was directing his new film, “The Adventurers”, which stars Shu Qi, Andy Lau, and Jean Reno, in Prague. According to the producer Terence Chang, the couple took a day off on Friday (2nd September) – could it be their wedding date?
3. They were so secretive that Andy Lau, who was with them in Prague the whole time, didn’t know about their wedding till after the photos were released on Saturday.
4. Their pre-wedding photos were taken last week (date not revealed) by Joshua Lin.
5. Shu Qi’s wedding gown was a gift from H&M 2 years ago while Stephen Fung bought his outfit 2 days prior to the wedding at a roadside shop.
6. Shu Qi’s 3-carat Bvlgari wedding ring costs NT$10 million (approximately RM1.3 million).
7. Not more than 20 people attended their wedding ceremony.
8. They will not be having any banquet or party to celebrate the occasion.
Take a look at their beautiful pre-wedding photos in the gallery below:
The couple added that Shu Qi is not pregnant in a statement. “Um, yes, our marriage is this simple (…) I married her unreservedly. P.S. We are not at the moment pregnant,” said the witty director.
Congratulations to the beautiful couple and we hope to see “The Adventurers” in cinemas soon ❤️