KLites, heads up!
Several roads in the city centre will be closed for this year’s National Day Parade and its rehearsal in Dataran Merdeka.
From today (Tuesday, 23rd August) until Friday (26th August), Jalan Raja will be closed from 8am to 1pm daily, said city traffic police deputy chief Supt Mohd Adnan Basri.
An additional 18 roads will be closed, starting from this Saturday (27th August) up ’til Hari Merdeka (Wednesday, 31st August). Road users will not be able to use the affected roads from 6am to 1pm daily.
The roads are:
- Jalan Travers – Jalan Damansara (National Museum)
- Jalan Mahameru – Jalan Damansara (Carcosa Seri Negara)
- Jalan Mahameru – Jalan Damansara (National Museum)
- Bulatan Hishammuddin – Jalan Lembah (National Mosque)
- Jalan Perdana – Jalan Lembah
- Jalan Kinabalu – Bulatan Hishammuddin (Dayabumi)
- Jalan Kinabalu – Jalan Hishammuddin (Bukit Aman)
- Jalan Lembah – Jalan Cenderasari
- Lebuh Pasar Besar – Jalan Hang Kasturi
- Leboh Ampang – Jalan Tun Perak
- Jalan Dang Wangi – Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- Jalan Kuching – Bulatan Dato Onn
- Jalan Kinabalu – Bulatan Dato Onn
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman – Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Hishammuddin – Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Parlimen – Bulatan Dato Onn (DBKL)
- Bulatan Dato Onn – Jalan Raja (Royal Selangor Club)
- Jalan Mahkamah Persekutuan
This is not the only road closure this week, as several Petaling Jaya roads will be closed due to the PJ Fair 2016 that will be held from 26th to 28th August.
Remember to plan your routes well before travelling, peeps!
Source: The Star Online.