Dear all the K-Pop lovers in Malaysia, the K-Pop World Festival is back in Malaysia for 2016. If you are chosen as the Malaysian winner, you will invited to Korea to join the final contest together with the representatives from other countries!
Remember, the Finals will be organised by Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and aired throughout a number of countries.
It is very simple to join: just create a video of yourself singing, dancing or doing both to a K-Pop song and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd May 2016. The submitted videos will be thoroughly reviewed, and only top 12 teams will be chosen to actually compete in the preliminary contest in Malaysia, which will be held on 29th May 2016 at HELP University.
Please note that your song of choice should be the exact same song that you will be performing at the contest itself.
1. Team Composition Requirements
o Vocal Performances
– number of singers: no limit
– number of backup dancers: maximum two (2)
o Dance Performances
– the same number of members of the original K-Pop band is recommended (ex. BIGBANG: 5 members)
2. Deadline for Video Submission
o 2nd May 2016, Midnight
* Submissions after the deadline will NOT be considered
** Minor applicants are required to prove that they have earned their parents’ consent (statement with signature, ID photocopies)
o Please fill out and sign the application form and send the scanned version together with the video to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
※Please visit their website to download the application form
3. Regional Preliminary in Malaysia(“2016 K-Pop World Festival in Malaysia”)
o 29th May 2016, Sunday, 3 – 5pm, HELP University ELM Business School
* The performances of the top 2 winners will be reviewed again by KBS, and only the chosen one by KBS will be invited to Korea for the Finals.
4. 2016 K-Pop World Festival in Changwon, Korea
o 30th September 2016
* The show will be aired throughout a number of countries including Korea
For more information, visit the Korean Embassy’s Facebook page.