“13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi” (also known simply as 13 Hours) is a 2016 American biographical war film directed and co-produced by Michael Bay and written by Chuck Hogan, based on Mitchell Zuckoff’s 2014 book, “13 Hours”.
Billed as being based on a true story, the film follows 6 members of a security team who fight to defend the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya after waves of terrorist attacks on 11th September 2012.
The plot is as follows:
“On 11th September Sept 2012, Islamic militants attack the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, killing Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and Sean Smith, an officer for the Foreign Service. Stationed less than one mile away are members (James Badge Dale, John Krasinski, Max Martini) of the Annex Security Team, former soldiers assigned to protect operatives and diplomats in the city. As the assault rages on, the 6 men engage the combatants in a fierce firefight to save the lives of the remaining Americans.”
The film stars James Badge Dale (“The Departed”, “Iron Man 3”, “World War Z”), John Krasinski (“Something Borrowed”, “Monsters University”), Max Martini (“Saving Private Ryan”, “Level 9”), Toby Stephens (“Die Another Day”), Pablo Schreiber (“Orange Is the New Black”, “Law and Order Special Victims Unit”), David Denman, Dominic Fumusa, Freddie Stroma (“Harry Potter” film series, “Pitch Perfect”), and Alexia Barlier.
Deets of the premiere screening are as follows:
- Date: 16th March 2016
- Time: 9pm onwards
- Venue: TGV 1 Utama
Thanks to our friends from United International Pictures Malaysia, we’re hosting an exclusive premiere screening for “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi”! To win the passes, all you gotta do is tell us:
- True or false: “13 Hours: The Secret Soldier of Benghazi” is directed and co-produced by Michael Bay.
- The movie is based on Mitchell Zuckoff’s 2014 book. What is the title of the book?
- Why should we pick you as the winner?
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each winner walks away with 4 tickets per person! There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis so go on and start sending in those e-mails.
Good luck ;)
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 11th March (Friday) at 6pm.