TOMS Malaysia invites you to a colorful in-store event that blends the arts, fashion and compassion. All you have to do is to purchase a pair of blank canvas TOMS on the day of the event and pick your favorite artist to create a one-of-kind pair just for you!
Plus you’ll help a child in need :)
The 4 artists who’ll be participating in the event are:
1) Tyler Ramsey: Tyler Ramsey, an abstract painter and performance artist based in Los Angeles, has worked as a TOMS resident artist since 2006. Ramsey creates powerful artwork with an aggressive application that exudes energy and free-creativity. Ramsey has created his own approach to the art form, using seemingly contradicting concepts, vigorously and generously applying paint with his hands or directly from their containers – he has never owned a paintbrush! This charismatic entertainer considers every TOMS shoe the perfect canvas for a unique work of art.
Notable owners include museums, Ban Ki Moon, Lobsang Sangay, Bill Clinton, Clint Eastwood, the United Nations, the Red Cross and the Human Rights Foundation.
2) Melanie Bayoud: Doodle artist Melanie has lived in 6 countries on 3 continents with the cultures she has experienced reflected in her artwork. She loves working with the shapes that architecture and nature create together. Melanie is the founder of “Thinking with Ink” in Malaysia, which she developed by combining her two passions; helping people and drawing. Through her workshops Melanie teaches people how to find tranquility and unleash their inner creativeness through art. Melanie has used her art skills to raise money for charities and carried out “Thinking with Ink” workshops for underprivileged youth.
3) Zam.C.K: Zam, Master of Custom Hand Painted Shoes from “ContengKASOT”, has made a career out of applying his expertise and design ideas to create unique and distinctive shoes that meet the wishes of his customers. If you want to wear your favorite character or icon on your shoes, Zam is the person you wanna see. Zam has developed unique skills to add meticulous and detailed designs to your kicks using waterproof colors.
4) Nurul Fyka: Nurul Fyka of Amuse Art, is a self-taught experimental Malaysian painter and myral artist with a Bachelor Degree in Creative Industry Management. Since little, Fyka found art to be exhilarating and creative projects to be fun, and so her pursuit of happiness resulted in the establishment of Amuse Art – an art main place in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, known as a prime destination for fresh, original, and contemporary artwork. Fyka has found ways to blend her passion for art and philanthropy by actively participating in charity events such as “Art for Homeless” and “Kota Wanita”.
For more information, visit her website.
The customisation is free of charge – based on a first come, first served basis. So best you rock up as early as possible!
Event deets are as follows:
- Date: 19th November (Thursday)
- Time: 11am – 6pm
- Venue: TOMS Store, Lot T-003A, Level 3, Mid Valley Megamall
- Customization Signup: Round 1 – 11am onwards / Round 2 – 3:30pm onwards
With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One®.
For more information, hit up TOMS Malaysia’s Facebook page.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia